• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo @ IPFW - 7pm ET - Saturday, Dec. 20

Started by ml2, December 12, 2014, 02:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valpofan00

classof2014

Quote from: Valpofan00 on December 20, 2014, 08:06:30 AM
Eastern Kentucky upsets Miami.

They didn't just upset them they mopped the floor with them a 28 point beatdown! Perhaps Miami is a bit overrated lost to both GB and EKY.

valpo84

My recollections get foggy, but two disciplinary cases come to mind. (1) Logan something, who ended up in Idaho, sometime around the Christmas break, and (ii) a guard from about 10 yrs ago. Anybody else recall? Kind of a funny article on this event. Someone hiding in the attic reminds me of a story....

Oh and it was 33 years ago we had a huge snow (22") and exams were postponed. Mound street was a huge snowball fight. Mastadons were good in the snow. Hence, should be a close game. Valpo wins if they hit 70. 70-69 OT.
"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

wh

Quote from: valpo84 on December 20, 2014, 09:51:30 AM
My recollections get foggy, but two disciplinary cases come to mind. (1) Logan something, who ended up in Idaho, sometime around the Christmas break, and (ii) a guard from about 10 yrs ago. Anybody else recall? Kind of a funny article on this event. Someone hiding in the attic reminds me of a story....

Oh and it was 33 years ago we had a huge snow (22") and exams were postponed. Mound street was a huge snowball fight. Mastadons were good in the snow. Hence, should be a close game. Valpo wins if they hit 70. 70-69 OT.

http://valpofans.proboards.com/thread/654

valpo64

historyman

Quote from: valpo84 on December 20, 2014, 09:51:30 AM(1) Logan something, who ended up in Idaho, sometime around the Christmas break,

Logan Jones. High School-Madison, IN, Got caught smoking pot in a car by VU police. He transferred to Pittsburg State in Kansas which is Div. II.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

covufan

Quote from: historyman on December 20, 2014, 12:38:31 PM
Quote from: valpo84 on December 20, 2014, 09:51:30 AM(1) Logan something, who ended up in Idaho, sometime around the Christmas break,

Logan Jones. High School-Madison, IN, Got caught smoking pot in a car by VU police. He transferred to Pittsburg State in Kansas which is Div. II.
Between Pittsburg State and VU, didn't he attend a junior college in Idaho?

FWalum

My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

crusadermoe

Mastodons.....      Just the name would put a bad spin on our ranking if we take a bad loss even though the stats have us pretty equal.     

Are there signifcant fossil digs near Fort Wayne?   Or does the prehistoric nightlife and that role in its tourism rate inspire that mascot name?

agibson

Quote from: crusadermoe on December 20, 2014, 01:01:24 PMMastodons.....      Just the name would put a bad spin on our ranking if we take a bad loss even though the stats have us pretty equal.     

Are there signifcant fossil digs near Fort Wayne?   Or does the prehistoric nightlife and that role in its tourism rate inspire that mascot name?

Pot? Kettle?

But, taking your first question seriously,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPFW_Mastodons#Mascot_and_Monikers

So, yes, at least one memorable, campus-related, fairly extensive fossil.  Displayed on campus.  And, amusingly, "By using the name Mastodons, IPFW is the only NCAA college to use an extinct organism as its mascot."

oklahomamick

Can anyone find this game for free.  I'm on IPFW website and in order to stream it, it will cost $6. 
CRUSADERS!!!

bbtds

Quote from: oklahomamick on December 20, 2014, 02:34:15 PM
Can anyone find this game for free.  I'm on IPFW website and in order to stream it, it will cost $6. 

I'm afraid there are no other websites that I can find with the live video for the Valpo at IPFW game.

LaPorteAveApostle

Obviously Jubril will miss Goshen.  And obviously he will be done serving by conference.

Thus: whether he sits tonight or not will tell us which of these two road games Bryce is more worried about...
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

Smj

The feed is NOT a 6 dollar quality feed.    Maybe 50 cents. .     Looks like there is a strobe light.

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

oklahomamick

We are getting beat in transition.  And I don't understand why we aren't man to man?  We are much more athletic. 
CRUSADERS!!!

Valpofan00

StlVUFan

The video was crappy on my crappy laptop, so I have no way of knowing whether it's a reflection on IPFW.

The service on the other hand has been amateur hour for me.  I signed up while watching Oakland get hosed by the refs once again at Pitt.  After doing so, I needed to reboot my computer.  When I went back to that page it didn't still have me logged in, so I tried to log in and it didn't remember my email address, so like a glutton for punishment I signed up again.  After watching the first half (less than smooth performance by the video stream), I refreshed the page because the video was so choppy I was getting like 1 frame a minute.  Once again it forgot who I was, so I said screw it.  I'll just listen to Todd and Aaron for the 2nd half.

If I think of it, I'll send my feedback to gomastadons.com later, but I'm not sure I'll ever buy anything from them again.

oklahomamick

Why is Peters in the post against big #50 with three fouls????? >:(
CRUSADERS!!!

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

valpo4life

Officially starting the Alec Peters for President campaign. Also, that Keith kid is pretty good too huh?

VUfan

StlVUFan

Well, I only got to watch the bad half, but that's fine.

As always, a win is much better than a loss.

Smj

The announcers for ipfw were hilarious. ...    "When you get tired the ball just falls out of your hands"   and   "he is the player with the full length tights and a headband"    (we thought they were super funny - I was waiting for one of them to say well the winner will be the team with the most points at the end. ....)

lol.....