• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo @ James Madison 12/29/14

Started by talksalot, December 23, 2014, 07:42:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

historyman

Quote from: a3uge on January 18, 2015, 08:05:04 AM
Quote from: historyman on January 17, 2015, 05:09:26 PM
Quote from: valpotx on January 17, 2015, 01:42:31 AMBtw, their campus is a mess within a mess of a city in Philly.  Whatever Engineer was responsible for the design of their streets needs to give back the money that was stolen from that city.  I don't like the feel of in-city schools, I guess, very much preferring the rural feel of a Valpo where the campus can be better laid out.
The blame, I believe, goes directly to William Penn. He laid out Philadelphia after his father received the grant of land that is Pennsylvania from the king in repayment of a debt owed to the Penns by the country of England. It was a dictatorial position in the new colony for William Penn. He dictated everything about the colony because his family actually owned all the land. The biggest group that moved to the new colony were the Quakers and they had to agree to William Penn's decrees.
Okay, good history lesson, but who's responsible for the horrible intersection off 30 to get into the Walmart at Valpo? 

The blame, I believe, goes directly to Admiral David Porter........................just joking!   :P
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann