• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo at Oakland Friday 1/2/2015 7:00 p.m. EST/6:00 p.m. CST O'rena

Started by bbtds, December 30, 2014, 09:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SanityLost17

This will be a close game.  Kampe will work the refs all night with the focus of getting as many fouls called on Carter as possible.  He knows we lack depth at the point position.  Carter will need to play 34 minutes of this game if we want to win (3 minute break per half).   

historyman

"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

oklahomamick

Throwing up 3's and missing like its our job.  Sometimes without making 3 passes. 

What was the bench warming Bryce received? 
CRUSADERS!!!

Valpofan00

Wow oakland is hot and we are starting off slow not looking good.

oklahomamick

They are making shots they never dreamed of...don't know if their eyes are even open.  Especially the guard Nick Daniels

Down by 16.....
CRUSADERS!!!

Valpofan00

They can't keep shooting like this. Neither can we. Still a lot of game left to play!!

wh

That could not have been our game plan to start the game with the 2 Walkers and Carter throwing up 3's at will early in the shot clock and Peters never getting a touch.  Now Oakland is playing completely loose and hitting everything they throw up. Totally self-inflicted misery on our part.

oklahomamick

espn 3 video feed sucks tonight.  anyone else with difficulties?
CRUSADERS!!!

a3uge

Good lord that first 10 minutes was like watching 4 Marshall Hendersons.

Valpofan00

mj

I believe that we will win.

oklahomamick

I have more difficulties with espn 3 than I ever did with the HL network.
CRUSADERS!!!

Smj

video sucks...  I thought it was my Internet but all the other games on espn3 play fine. ...

LaPorteAveApostle

yeah it's like claymation with the stop-action.  stupid feed.  never a problem on the hln.

i'll take being down 5 as poorly as we played at times early. 

winning on the road ain't ever easy, even when we think it will be.  but I'm still thinking we've got a much better half in store.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

a3uge

Same here - the feed was choppy for 10 minutes, now it can't even connect.

wh

I really like Felder's game.  Guys like him and Alec are great additions to the league. 

Smj

Does anyone even watch to see if it is working?   It is like a chef not tasting the food.   (The Mazda commercial is working perfectly....   Now even the underwear commercial is working ....)

valpotx

Time for Valpo to own the second half, and win by 6-7 :).  Btw, have I ever said that Petros sucks?  He is constantly proving me correct ;).
"Don't mess with Texas"

FWalum

Quote from: oklahomamick on January 02, 2015, 06:42:08 PM
espn 3 video feed sucks tonight.  anyone else with difficulties?
Feed is horrible and it is most definately on their end.  I connect hard wired to a gigabit switch and a 50mbps internet connection and just speed checked my end and everything is ok here. Started out kind of ok and went downhill as the half went on. Hope the second half is better.  Great to be only down 5 after the horrible start.
ESPN commercials and studio stuff is good, stuff coming from Oakland feed appears to be the problem.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

nkvu

Does the league pay ESPN for this feed?  If so they should demand a refund!  Just plane painfull to watch.

Smj

everyone ...   screen is now saying technical difficulties. ....

vu84v2

Video feed is terrible here too - was good for the first 10 minutes of the half...then awful

I do not understand why Valpo just kept jacking up the threes early in the possessions at the beginning of the half.  Seems like they may have gotten it together and worked the ball more.