• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

UIC at Valpo, Jan. 8

Started by valpopal, January 05, 2015, 02:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

covufan

I'm sure that after the national anthem, things will have warmed up considerably! ;)

talksalot

anyway, back to the game... so UIC is proud of the 100 wins for their opponents.  our D-1 opponents have 96 total wins (Murray 11, New Mexico 10, Portland 10 leading the way)... the "others" are:  IUSouth Bend 9-7 (canceled their game for tonight due to weather); Goshen is 10-7; and Trinity International is 4-10... so adding those 23 winds, our opponents have 119 total victories.

UIC's opponents with 10 or more wins:  Dayton 11, Northwestern 10, Loyola 12.  To be fair... their Non-D-1 Opponents:  St. Xavier 10-6, Judson Univ 4-13... so we can add 14 wins to their 100... for a total of 114 opponent victories.

ok fine... at 4:33pm its up to 8.3 degrees and with WC stands at -8.1... I may not zip up my jacket on the way to the ARC.

vu72

Now at 8.1 at 4:34 and wind chill up to -7.8.  That's a decrease in wind chill of 1.6 in about a half hour!  It could be 9 by game time!   ;)
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

Valpofan00

Quote from: HC on January 08, 2015, 03:28:51 PM
For most of us if we were as wrong as weather people are with their predictions we wouldn't even be employed. I haven't decided on going or watching from yet. Having a new tv and E sPN3 through the xbox is making this a tough choice.
Xbox 360 or one? And how do you get ESPN 3 through it??

wh

Historyman, HC and other wavering souls,

Grow some hair on your chest and get out there!   ;)

See you at the game, wh

HC

360...there's an app you can download if you have a gold membership.

WH: too cold to drag both little kids out for this particular game

historyman

Quote from: hailcrusaders on January 08, 2015, 04:29:39 PMFortunately, I'm a little less nervous on the officiating in front of a home crowd.

I have a feeling Kahlil Felder won't be shooting 24 FTs in Cleveland tonight. I bet the Cleveland announcers laugh about the fact that Felder was given quite an advantage by the refs when he got to the line 24 times. And they will guarantee that won't happen tonight. I'll even bet he doesn't shoot 12 FTs in Cleveland. 
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

valpotx

Hopefully Jay Harris gets confused, and reverts back to his Valpo days where he launches 3-after-3 from 10 feet behind the line, with plenty of those airballs and bricks we used to see :).  He had his good moments...and his REALLY REALLY bad moments.  I do miss his FT shooting though, like a few others.
"Don't mess with Texas"

historyman

Quote from: wh on January 08, 2015, 04:36:46 PM Historyman, HC and other wavering souls, Grow some hair on your chest and get out there! ;) See you at the game, wh

Quote from: vu72 on January 08, 2015, 04:35:30 PMNow at 8.1 at 4:34 and wind chill up to -7.8.  That's a decrease in wind chill of 1.6 in about a half hour!  It could be 9 by game time!   ;)

Well, now that the temp has risen so abruptly I have decided to go to tonight's game. How bad could it be?   :P
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

HC

Will Jay Harris be booed, cheered, or will the crowd be indifferent?

justducky

Quote from: HC on January 08, 2015, 05:22:34 PMWill Jay Harris be booed, cheered, or will the crowd be indifferent?
The answer to all three is "Yes". The larger question is will there be enough in attendance to vocalize any of those options?

hailcrusaders

I'll see if I can arrange a boo
#CrusadersForever

a3uge

I can't believe Jay Harris is still playing D1 basketball.

wh

Reporting in. Pretty sparse crowd with only 5 min before player intro's. Surprisingly though, student sect. is at least half full with some still arriving.

a3uge

HC

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

oklahomamick

VASHIL!!!!

He has improved so much.  Wish he had another year. 
CRUSADERS!!!

hailcrusaders

#CrusadersForever

FWalum

Quote from: oklahomamick on January 08, 2015, 07:42:42 PMWhy did J.Harris leave? 
With the additions of transfers Lavonte Dority (South Florida) and Jordan Coleman (Hawaii) to next season's roster, perhaps Valparaiso University sophomore Jay Harris saw the writing on the wall when he announced his intentions to transfer on Tuesday afternoon.  Harris has yet to pick a school, but plans on transferring to another Division I institution, and likely will have to sit out the 2012-13 season.

"I appreciate everything that everyone has done for me at Valparaiso, but I'm making the decision that is best for me and my family," Harris said. "This is always going to be my family."
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

FWalum

See my post above taken from Paul Oren's article written at the time.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

LaPorteAveApostle

VASHIL FREAKIN' FERNANDEZ LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

ok, 'lady' probably

BUT CUMONG MAN HE IS EN FUEGO
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpotx

I will make just one comment about this game, and you all know who it is dedicated to.  For all you doubters out there....VA-SHIL
"Don't mess with Texas"

LaPorteAveApostle

well at least now i know why you like him so much, tex...

somehow i didn't see that coming... #WorldWide'Leader'

ALSO YOU GAVE ME A GREAT MEME IDEA HANG ON
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

covufan