• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

ESPN Article on Scott Drew with Valpo nuggets

Started by valpo84, January 07, 2015, 01:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpo84

"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

covufan

I'm guessing summer before junior year, or Scott's memory is fading.

Kyle321n

Valpo Nuggets? Can I get those at Beef Mart with my Valpo Wings?
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

covufan

Quote from: Kyle321n on January 07, 2015, 02:41:51 PM
Valpo Nuggets? Can I get those at Beef Mart with my Valpo Wings?
Not at Beef Mart, but at Fetla's!!

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

Kyle321n

Man you guys are showing your age ;) Both of those places are closed!
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpo84

Those might be Trail Inn Wings....

And Fetlas was the greatest place in the world (after our also closed and bulldozed house) -- Beer Bait and Ammo, bass boats, cowboy boots and $5 cases of Falstaff. What more could you need....

And we need a new category, somewhere after Veteran should be "grizzled old veteran."
"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

covufan

Quote from: valpo84 on January 07, 2015, 05:13:48 PMThose might be Trail Inn Wings....
Didn't Jackson's have nuggets, or was that Semento's?

Quote from: valpo84 on January 07, 2015, 05:13:48 PMAnd Fetlas was the greatest place in the world (after our also closed and bulldozed house) -- Beer Bait and Ammo, bass boats, cowboy boots and $5 cases of Falstaff. What more could you need....
Fetlas was unique.  Was always busy - don't know why it closed.

Quote from: valpo84 on January 07, 2015, 05:13:48 PMAnd we need a new category, somewhere after Veteran should be "grizzled old veteran."
While the pigment in my hair and beard may say differently, I don't feel 'grizzled' or 'old' just yet!

justducky

Quote from: valpo84 on January 07, 2015, 05:13:48 PMAnd Fetlas was the greatest place in the world (after our also closed and bulldozed house) -- Beer Bait and Ammo, bass boats, cowboy boots and $5 cases of Falstaff. What more could you need....
With the exception of the Falstaff (was not a fan) I might be the lone "grizzled" veteran on this board who qualifies as having bought all the rest of the list from Bert and the Fetlas crew. Don't forget that he also featured clothes, tools, ladders, fencing, decoys, toys, guns, sleds, fishing tackle, food and confections, waders, as well as being one of the busiest deer checking stations and I am just listing from the things that I used to go there to get or do.

Basically you could negotiate the price of almost anything that was in or outside of that store. One of a kind!

a3uge

Quote from: valpo84 on January 07, 2015, 05:13:48 PM
Those might be Trail Inn Wings....

The liquor store with the incredibly rude staff?

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: valpo84 on January 07, 2015, 05:13:48 PMThose might be Trail Inn Wings....
i heard those are good to have on a fastbreak

bbtds

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on January 08, 2015, 11:07:04 AM
i heard those are good to have on a fastbreak

Or leftover from the night before for breakfast>>>>>fastbreak>>>>>breakfast>>>>fastbreak>>>>breakfast

A friend from Valpo told me he saw Rik Smits in the restroom at the ARC during the YSU game. He said it was quite noticeable because Rik stood up and since he is 7' 4" his head was above the toilet stall. I said that must have been some sight........you actually saw a Smits S#!ts.

VU2014

Scott took over a Baylor Program plagued in scandal and disfunction and built it up from scratch to create a #1 Baylor team in the nation. Hell of a coach who came from humble beginnings.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18436704/baylor-bears-ranked-no-1-ap-top-25-poll-1st

VULB#62

Congratulations Scott!  Just to think that last summer VU and Baylor were in Canada for pre-season international trip and, as I recall, we and Baylor were pretty similar in terms of game results, i.e., no really big Baylor blowouts while VU lost.  This year his squad is off the charts.  All the best to him and is his program.  keep it clean, keep it coming.