• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Cleveland St. at Valpo, Saturday 1/10/2015 7:05 p.m. CST

Started by Kyle321n, January 09, 2015, 01:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oklahomamick

Quote from: vu72 on January 10, 2015, 06:50:37 PM
Quote from: oklahomamick on January 10, 2015, 06:35:24 PM
A key to the game is our guards taking care of the ball.  We have done a lot better this year with turnovers. 

A lot better!  How's the weather shaping up?

It's a crisp 38 degrees right now in Tulsa, but next weekend expecting temps in the mid 60's. 
CRUSADERS!!!

mj

1. The ESPN announcers are horrible.

2. Darien Walker takes waaaayyyy too many shots.
I believe that we will win.

wh

Win or lose, playing without an experienced point guard to distribute the ball is painful to watch.

oklahomamick

We have had a couple 5 point leads, but CSU comes back with a couple runs.  Let's try to get it to 8 at half. 
CRUSADERS!!!

mj

That was a horrible half of basketball. No flow to the offense. Stupid turnovers. We will lose if we play like that in the 2nd half.
I believe that we will win.

atkins

Weak game against 3 starters and 2 reserves for CSU. 

a3uge

Quote from: mj on January 10, 2015, 07:49:31 PM
That was a horrible half of basketball. No flow to the offense. Stupid turnovers. We will lose if we play like that in the 2nd half.

Actually it'll be Valpo 52 CSU 50 if we continue this trajectory.

oklahomamick

These are typical CSU games.  Its frustrating.  Hand checks all night.  Cant call them all. 
CRUSADERS!!!

oklahomamick

Even more frustrating is that my video feed keeps freezing.  The HL network was so much better than the espn3. 
CRUSADERS!!!

atkins

The announcers are correct -- Alec really must develop the ability to create shots off the dribble.  He's not fleet-footed or agile, but he will be lethal if he can add the scoring dimension.  I think he'll do it. 

valpotx

I hate these CSU games, because they never call their hand checks!!!!
"Don't mess with Texas"

oklahomamick

We have fouled C. Lee twice on jump shots.  He's automatic at the free throw line. 
CRUSADERS!!!

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

LaPorteAveApostle

Charlie Lee is giving both freshmen guards a graduate seminar in how to play D1 hoops...I was afraid of this.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpotx

These calls and non-calls against CSU every year are complete horse $h!+
"Don't mess with Texas"

LaPorteAveApostle

I take some small solace in knowing that we'd be up 10 instead of tied were KC at the point.

Very small solace.

I know I'm usually among the most optimistic on this board, but I feel pretty BLERG about this one.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

a3uge

LaPorteAveApostle

AT LEAST HE BRINGS THE BALL OVER THE LINE IN FEWER THAN TEN SECONDS

GAAAAAH

WHAT IS THIS BIDDY BALL

oklahomamick

turnover, turnover, turnover.  I haven't looked at the stats but I'm sure they have twice as many shots as us.  The 10 second count was inexcusable. 
CRUSADERS!!!

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

oklahomamick

I count 4 fouls each possession.  6 if I was really looking for them. 
CRUSADERS!!!

LaPorteAveApostle

oklahomamick

Someone said free throws may hurt us.  That one just may have.  I don't want ot. 
CRUSADERS!!!