• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Cleveland St. at Valpo, Saturday 1/10/2015 7:05 p.m. CST

Started by Kyle321n, January 09, 2015, 01:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpotx

Especially since the head coaches are all the same, and we do it against every team.  I seriously dislike CSU and the way they play.  They have hands on us on every drive, and it never gets called!
"Don't mess with Texas"

LaPorteAveApostle

In CLEE 501 I give T Walker a B and Joseph a C-.

If we could hit our FT, we'd be dangerous.

BTW:  is there a more "Valpo" play than the home run pass?  it's like our "thing".
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

valpotx

Vashil didn't get the double double I hoped for, but he had two huge plays in the last few minutes, in spite of his foul trouble.

Also, this isn't a normal F U because I respect a rivalry, but F U Cleveland State, and the crap you get away with each season.
"Don't mess with Texas"

LaPorteAveApostle

Upon further review T Walker's grade is now a C+ for WHY ARE YOU FOULING HIM THERE but bumped back up to passing by AT LEAST HE MISSED ONE.

You know how the live stats are pretty much real time and the video behind a minute?  I accidentally saw the header in my tab and it said CSU VALPO 05:00 (PRD 3) and I about died.  luckily, we are NOT going to overtime.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

govalpogo

*exhale*  Ugly win is a win and this was a must win for the old Brown and Gold.  Good win for the students and crowd to experience, exciting wins keep them coming back. 

valpotx

Yeah, I always minimize the live stats because I hate those spoilers :).  I only look at them during breaks in action.
"Don't mess with Texas"

vu84v2

A gutty win for Valpo.  Hard to beat anyone in the top half of your conference without your two top point guards, let alone a team that pressures the ball.  Good coaching by Bryce to make it work out with what he had.

The missed free throw really bailed out Walker for fouling the three point shooter.  In the world of basketball, that is a mortal sin.

Any idea how long Carter is going to be out?

gamelord

Great win! I thought for sure it would get away the last few minutes. We got lucky, but I'll take it :)

classof2014

That was a grinder there. Hopefully KC will be back and soon! With him in there tonight we probably win by 10 but I ain't complaining because we got the W. Alec showed why he's one of the best in the league. Gritty game, great win. I typically hate the week off week in HL play but this one couldn't come at a better time. Gives KC some rest, really hoping he'll be back next weekend against WSU.

Anyways great win.

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: valpotx on January 10, 2015, 09:09:56 PMI always minimize the live stats because I hate those spoilers
well it wasn't maximized...but the title of the tab said it.  should have closed it, except that coming off a couple timeouts i peeked before that because i couldn't take it.

man, a win is a win, but we needed that like 10x more than they did.  way to go.

also:  4/11 FTs = VU - (Peters)

vu72

Nice win in spite of massive turnovers.  Very key win in the long run.  Let's hope "point guard by committee doesn't last long!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

oklahomamick

As bad as our free throws were, CSU only shot 1% better.  The game would have been over if walker would have made his to complete the three point play off the home runner.
CRUSADERS!!!

classof2014

The difference in the game was Alec making his 3 FTs to tie the game and Lewis missed 2 of 3 thus the 2 point win.

agibson

HC

Good analysis  :crazy:

Great win in spite of how terrible our pigs played and some real boneheaded decision making. Also, Alec needs to quit diving when there is no hope of getting the ball.

oklahomamick

I agree with Alec limiting his diving for the ball.  Only dive if there's a 50% chance. 

E victor had 6 turnovers.  Our bench had 6 turnovers. 
CRUSADERS!!!

historyman

Very good win considering the opposition and we were playing without our true point guard.

I love the fact that our home run play still works. As soon as Darien Walker moved himself on the other side of the half court line to the side of the court that Valpo was inbounding the ball and Alec went back to inbounding the ball instead of Jubril that we were running that play. There will be an opposition coaching staff that finally scouts us and will realize what is happening. But until that happens Valpo will keep running that play.

Valpo did play some very good defense most of the night. When Charlie Lee started hitting threes that really got CSU back into the game. If CSU would have hit more of there open threes in the first half and first part of the second half they probably would have won by 6 or 7 points. Alec Peters excellent FT shooting, three point shooting and ability to help get the ball down the court in some key situations made him the player of the game. It will be interesting to see if Alec is chosen POTW. I really hope valpofan00 doesn't think that Alec had a "bad" game in this one. Do you?

"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

HC

Oren tweeted about Tevonn getting a welt on his face in the first half. You can really see it in the photo.

talksalot

Quote from: historyman on January 10, 2015, 10:14:21 PMIt will be interesting to see if Alec is chosen POTW

Reading the UWGB site... I'm thinking I can guess who is the POTW....

Four days after scoring 23 second-half points in a 79-55 win over Wright State, Sykes totaled 22 in the first half on Friday night. on his way to 34.    The reigning Horizon League Player of the Year made 8-of-11 shots from the field, with all eight makes coming in succession.

valpospartan

Quote from: oklahomamick on January 10, 2015, 09:52:14 PM
I agree with Alec limiting his diving for the ball.  Only dive if there's a 50% chance.   

So do you expect that he will have the time to weigh the chances before he decides to dive or not dive?

Valpofan00

Hahaha Alec played great. i wasnt thinking when i said that. i shouldve looked at his other stats instead of just points. im sorry guys. Evic played terrible in my opinion. Max played well had some nice passes! Any idea when Keith will be back?

bbtds

Quote from: classof2014 on January 10, 2015, 12:47:50 PMthey are also without their PG in Charlie Lee

Where do you hear that gossip? It certainly wasn't true.