• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo at Wright State Saturday 1/17/2015 6:00 PM CST (7:00 PM ET)

Started by Kyle321n, January 12, 2015, 02:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

historyman

Quote from: wh on January 14, 2015, 06:03:44 PMCSU/WSU game on now on ESPN3

Love the powder blue footwear that Wright St is wearing. Even Donlon and the coaching staff are wearing the blue shoes. Since Wright St wears white with some kind of green trim at home and Cleveland St wears green on the road the blue shoes sure do distinguish the two teams nicely.

10-7 CSU with about 13 min to go in 1st half. Very tight and foul filled game so far.

EDIT: 28-26 CSU at half. WSU missing more shots but CSU missing some FTs and WSU hitting a few more threes.

Both Trey Lewis and Charlie Lee have missed 3 threes each for CSU. If the Vikings can get those shots to fall I think Cleve St will pull this game out.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

bbtds

Didn't see most of the CSU at WSU game but I did see the last 2 minutes. Cleve pulled out a win, 54-50, in what looked like a very close game the whole way. The difference in this game and the CSU/Valpo game was that CSU executed much better than WSU at the very end. There was a huge three by Mason with only seconds to go in the game.

a3uge

Please tell me I'm not the only one who saw UIC clench defeat out if the jaws of victory against Detroit? One of the wildest finishes I've ever seen.

vu72

Quote from: a3uge on January 14, 2015, 09:14:45 PM
Please tell me I'm not the only one who saw UIC clench defeat out if the jaws of victory against Detroit? One of the wildest finishes I've ever seen.

You aren't.  Two really bad teams and two coaches who need to be doing something else.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

a3uge

So UIC was up 10+ the whole game before Detroit went on a run and tied it late. UIC hit a 3, got a stop and added a free throw with 40 sec left. UIC fouls Detroit and they only hit 1 free throw. Up 3, UIC just needs to wind the clock down (till about 5 sec left of the game). Jay Harris is dribbling so Detroit doesn't foul. Harris, for whatever reason passes out to a guard, whom passes it right back to Harris... but not really, because Chris Jenkins picked him off and, of course, instead of going for the 3 to tie, he dunks it with 3.7 left. So all UIC has to do is inbound it and get fouled, hit free throws, etc.

UIC runs the home run play and the inbounder Jay Cutlers it short, Whiticker adjusts and Jerod Williams lands right on him midair, and you guessed it, gets called for a foul. In the bonus, Williams hit both free throws and Detroit wins by 1.

vu72

Quote from: a3uge on January 14, 2015, 09:34:12 PM
So UIC was up 10+ the whole game before Detroit went on a run and tied it late. UIC hit a 3, got a stop and added a free throw with 40 sec left. UIC fouls Detroit and they only hit 1 free throw. Up 3, UIC just needs to wind the clock down (till about 5 sec left of the game). Jay Harris is dribbling so Detroit doesn't foul. Harris, for whatever reason passes out to a guard, whom passes it right back to Harris... but not really, because Chris Jenkins picked him off and, of course, instead of going for the 3 to tie, he dunks it with 3.7 left. So all UIC has to do is inbound it and get fouled, hit free throws, etc.

UIC runs the home run play and the inbounder Jay Cutlers it short, Whiticker adjusts and Jerod Williams lands right on him midair, and you guessed it, gets called for a foul. In the bonus, Williams hit both free throws and Detroit wins by 1.

ineptitude at its best.   ???
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

VULB#62

Quote from: vu72 on January 14, 2015, 09:41:39 PM
Quote from: a3uge on January 14, 2015, 09:34:12 PM

ineptitude at its best.   ???

And great play by play

valpopal

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on January 12, 2015, 08:16:44 PM
We need to give Tevonn a nickname. 

Although the first person to suggest "Sky" is out of the running.

Sorry, but I just had to do it.  :-[

historyman

Quote from: valpopal on January 15, 2015, 01:14:13 AM
Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on January 12, 2015, 08:16:44 PMWe need to give Tevonn a nickname. Although the first person to suggest "Sky" is out of the running.

I hope you can live up to this when Monday, 5/4/2015 appears on the calendar.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

covufan

Quote from: valpopal on January 15, 2015, 01:14:13 AM

This looks more like my suggestion!

Quote from: covufan on January 12, 2015, 08:51:43 PM

How about "Moon"?

justducky

I don't have the time or the knowledge to put it together but how about "Loon Walker" with a Canadian lake background with Loons taking flight and an insert of the Loonie (canadian currency) with the Loon side up.

While on this subject what ever happened to our discussion of an occasional dual nation anthem? Oh Canada is a whole lot easier to sing!

LaPorteAveApostle

i think "moon walker" implies going backwards, however, while the trajectory of his career is most decidedly in the opposite direction.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

VUfan

Wright State Plays hard sound Basketball but they are not vary athletic and the game is on the road. If Valpo plays to its record and ability VU wins.
VU 72 Wright State 67  :)

wh

Quote from: valpopal on January 15, 2015, 11:15:49 AM

covufan: "How about 'Moon'?"

Moon Walker is befitting his amazing vertical.  I like it!

How high can you jump on the Moon?
The gravitational field of the Moon at its surface only

162.2 cm/sec/sec
-----------------  = 0.16
983  cm /sec/sec
or about 1/6th of what we feel on the surface of Earth in terms of the acceleration of gravity, so this means that for the same energy expended, you should be able to jump about 6 times higher. I can jump about 20 inches, so that means on the Moon I could jump 6 x 20 = 120 inches or 10 feet straight up!

covufan

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on January 15, 2015, 11:47:14 AM
i think "moon walker" implies going backwards, however, while the trajectory of his career is most decidedly in the opposite direction.

When I suggested it I was thinking more stratosphere, like he is walking on the moon.  The picture below is perfect!!!

Quote from: valpopal on January 15, 2015, 11:15:49 AM

covufan: "How about 'Moon'?"

chef

I like the T-Train coming down the lane, to inflict some pain, up and over Bobby Hain.

valpo84

"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

historyman

covufan

Quote from: chef on January 15, 2015, 12:58:40 PM
I like the T-Train coming down the lane, to inflict some pain, up and over Bobby Hain.
If only we had some way to get this line, or some portion thereof, said during some broadcast just as the T-Train was going down the lane!

humbleopinion

I keep on thinking of George Castanza's desire to be nicknamed T-bone.
Beamin' Beacons

Kyle321n

Quote from: humbleopinion on January 15, 2015, 04:27:01 PM
I keep on thinking of George Castanza's desire to be nicknamed T-bone.

So we should call him Coco?
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

WiscoCrusader

Back to even with GB!  And sweet justice by the way... Oakland beats GB at home by 3.