• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

The Tracey Dorow Experience

Started by IndyValpo, January 16, 2015, 07:34:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndyValpo

How many games have we played even or better in the first half only to get blown out in the second half. It appears we start games with a pretty good game plan but are being seriously out coached at half time. Game after game our opponents seem to make adjustments and we do not.

I was a big proponent of making a coaching change after three years of under 30% winning. Unfortunately, we remain in the same area and though there is some young talent you have to begin to wonder if their is a light at the end of this coaching tunnel.

Will Dorow get the 4 year Carlson plan or do we know what we have after 2+ years?

valpo4life

I believe that she will get next season as a final chance to show she belongs. The staff is very high on the incoming recruiting class, so I'm sure she is pitching that to LaBarbera. Plus this team is almost all underclassmen. Two leading scorers are freshmen. Two transfers playing for their first time in over a year. Look at Keith on the men's side, he didn't show the player he is now right away. It took half a season and a summer to show the stud he is becoming. With that said, they do need to get some wins here to help their case for next season. And if the staff is back for the last year of the contract, the team will need to go .500 or better for her to have a chance to return.

valpotx

I believe that we have seen an indicator of her overall coaching ability this season.  She seems to have a good game plan to start, as Indy mentioned, but has trouble making adjustments at halftime.  The talent seems to have gotten better, and the recruiting class does seem a little more esteemed.  I think that she will be allowed to finish this year, start next year, and see how the first 15 games go.
"Don't mess with Texas"

historyman

Opposite of the usual "stay close until the 2nd half" happened today. Valpo got behind by 17 in the first half. Another very bad shooting performance by the Crusaders. Then in the second half they stayed much closer (for the half) and only lost by 18.

They shot just over 50% from the FT line (16 for 28) and 35% from the field (22 for 63). The rebounds were totally even (44-44) and the FT attempts were the same (28-28). The big difference was WSU hit 20 FTs and 28 for 65 from the field. WSU made 4 threes while Valpo only had 2 threes. Neither team did well from beyond the arc.

It is time to think about a coaching change at this time. I feel that Coach Dorow is giving it her all but something is missing and if you don't win you haven't earned more time to keep coaching the team.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann