• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo @ Green Bay - Friday 1/23/15, 8pm CT

Started by vufan75, January 21, 2015, 08:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a3uge

Quote from: Grizz on January 23, 2015, 12:43:41 PM
I checked the record books and yes, you lost in the conference finals to the 3 seed by 20. If any other coach in the league had done that you boys on this board would crucify him. FACT.

Love how you completely change topics to troll elsewhere. Wright State lost at home to the very same team that UWGB lost to and we didn't crucify Donlon. FACT.

But thanks for letting us how we would have felt in these hypothetical straw man scenarios.

a3uge

Quote from: Grizz on January 23, 2015, 01:08:52 PM
If he is 6-0, I will drive to Mayberry and buy you a  dinner at the finest restaurant you have there. (Probably a Steak and Shake). I stood next to him at our game last week and while he has about 3 inches of hair, Maybe they are counting that, but I'm 5-10 and I was bigger then he was.

Keep your phone ready for NBA scouts - Grizz's height estimates is the determination for whether or not a player will get drafted!

Grizz

He will get measured at the NBA pre draft camp. Would you like to make a wager. My meal to what you are willing to bet.  Maybe giving me fishing lessons or a ride on your 4 wheeler.

a3uge

Quote from: Grizz on January 23, 2015, 01:31:40 PM
He will get measured at the NBA pre draft camp. Would you like to make a wager. My meal to what you are willing to bet.  Maybe giving me fishing lessons or a ride on your 4 wheeler.

Aren't you from Detroit?

oklahomamick

Green Bay is a good team this year.  However, they are beatable, Oakland beat them.   :o
CRUSADERS!!!

Grizz

They did didn't they. In fact Oakland is 2-0 against Valpo and Green Bay. If a crap team like Oakland can win, surely Valpo with all their wins over non d-1's can beat Green Bay and their crap coach. Oh, unless the refs let Skyes shoot 25 free throws.

a3uge

Quote from: Grizz on January 23, 2015, 01:49:09 PM
They did didn't they. In fact Oakland is 2-0 against Valpo and Green Bay. If a crap team like Oakland can win, surely Valpo with all their wins over non d-1's can beat Green Bay and their crap coach. Oh, unless the refs let Skyes shoot 25 free throws.

Go home.

Grizz

HC

A man from Michigan needing fishing lessons, isn't really much of a man at all. 

Did the Oakland fan board get repossessed? Why not just go over there and crack on how some of us hillbillies in Mayberry think?

Oakland should be right at the top of the league standings (with GB, Valpo and CSU) at the midway point with all these home games. 

a3uge

Quote from: HC on January 23, 2015, 02:01:06 PM
A man from Michigan needing fishing lessons, isn't really much of a man at all. 

Did the Oakland fan board get repossessed? Why not just go over there and crack on how some of us hillbillies in Mayberry think?

Oakland should be right at the top of the league standings (with GB, Valpo and CSU) at the midway point with all these home games.

Maybe he thinks Oakland University is in Oakland, California?

Kyle321n

Quote from: a3uge on January 23, 2015, 01:37:23 PM

Aren't you from Detroit?

We can buy him one of those $1 houses. Man is he going to be pissed when we all eat Don Quiote on his tab. I could easily rack up $75 by myself there in wine, tapas and dessert.
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

wh

Quote from: Kyle321n on January 23, 2015, 02:28:50 PM
Quote from: a3uge on January 23, 2015, 01:37:23 PM

Aren't you from Detroit?

We can buy him one of those $1 houses. Man is he going to be pissed when we all eat Don Quiote on his tab. I could easily rack up $75 by myself there in wine, tapas and dessert.

Even better, let's find out which house he lived in as as a kid before his parents departed via the white flight express and buy that one for him.

agibson

Quote from: a3uge on January 23, 2015, 09:20:24 AM
I feel like fans of other teams used to post on this board more often. We've been rude to pretty much every team in the league. Id like to say our trollability is top notch.

*waits for token Oral Roberts fan to post

Beetlejuice!  Beetlejuice!  Beetlejuice!  (Betelgeuse?)

Good on you, Grizz.

agibson

Who was the wisconsin guy who would come on, and even was at the ARC a couple of times?  Was that UWM guy?

a3uge

Quote from: agibson on January 23, 2015, 02:44:10 PM
Who was the wisconsin guy who would come on, and even was at the ARC a couple of times?  Was that UWM guy?

The one who said UIC to the MVC was a "done deal" per sources?

Kyle321n

Quote from: a3uge on January 23, 2015, 02:45:04 PM
Quote from: agibson on January 23, 2015, 02:44:10 PM

The one who said UIC to the MVC was a "done deal" per sources?

Jimmy aka PantherU
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

Valpofan00

Quote from: Grizz on January 23, 2015, 01:08:52 PM
If he is 6-0, I will drive to Mayberry and buy you a  dinner at the finest restaurant you have there. (Probably a Steak and Shake). I stood next to him at our game last week and while he has about 3 inches of hair, Maybe they are counting that, but I'm 5-10 and I was bigger then he was.
Just so you know I saw a picture of him standing next to a doorway with a height measurement and he was indeed EXACTLY 6ft!!! I'll try to find the picture for you. You better give him that dinner!!  ;)

oklahomamick

Quote from: oklahomamick on January 23, 2015, 01:45:52 PMGreen Bay is a good team this year.  However, they are beatable, Oakland beat them.   :o

Grizz, I posted that to agitate you....
CRUSADERS!!!

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

vu72

Quote from: Grizz on January 23, 2015, 01:56:47 PM
Does that mean No Bet in Mayberrynies

Nice having you visit.  Perhaps you could come down to Valpo and watch the Crusaders in yet another post season tournament appearance.  You won't have to worry about not being able to follow Oakland's post season play because of all your payday, kill the Horizon League's rpi games. Oh, and if you're from Detroit, I wouldn't be sitting around looking at your computer too long.  If I were you I'd be mostly concerned about your car being stolen.  And for God's sake, don't stop at the local ATM after the sun goes down!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

bbtds

With Sykes it's not the height. It's the leaping ability and scoring that will get him in the NBA.

Keifer Sykes Slams Green Bay to Victory at UIC

sliman

Grizz, what's happened to you?  Your nasty comments are in contract to the thoughtful, more respectful comments I remember you making in previous years, even in strong disagreements.

Grizz

Ok, I'll take the bait, Oakland is nowhere near Detroit, located in one of the richest counties in the USA we have many things to do. I know that you all just got cable and a pizza hut because I've been to many a game at your place. In the old days I would meet up with Richard Harlin before the games, of course that was when Valpo fans didnt feel the need to bad mouth other schools to make them feel better about themselfs. Back whenValpo was good, really good.

About the bet, I know some of you can't read well because you just got indoor power, but all I said was he's under six feet and would you Bet on him ever playing in the NBA.  Never gave my opinion on that. Slow down when you read. Yea green bay was the host and lost but so were you. The guy there has a pretty good two year run going, give him some credit. And don't believe what you read on the Internet , if he was what you say he is, he would have been fired in this day and age.

Pgmado

Man, when did Valpo fans get so angry about everything? I think many of the posters on here need to watch this. Pay particular attention to the part about "we never beat our chests" and "we didn't scare so easily."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zqOYBabXmA

HC

Oren is one of them! When the sun comes up tomorrow (since we don't have electricity, and we may have some extra rage) I say we take our mob over to the newspaper stand by the general store and administer some angry mob justice.

Can the game start so everyone can go back to complaining about the refs?