• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Milwaukee at Valparaiso (Jan. 26, 7:05 PM)

Started by valpopal, January 24, 2015, 12:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a3uge

There's no way Jeter is kept on after this year, right?

agibson

Alec had a look at a three to tie it there with about a minute left in the half.  Couldn't get it to go.

Admittedly, when you spend minutes on the bench, you shouldn't be _too_ surprised if the other team outscores you.

(Is it too much to ask for live stats to have game minutes in the box score?)

vu72

What heck is going on with our defense????  Why can't seem to stop them?  Oh wait, I got the scores reversed...
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

mj

We took Milwaukee behind the woodshed that half.
I believe that we will win.

oklahomamick

I have to complain about something....  Tiby kills us every time we play them. 
CRUSADERS!!!

agibson

He was on a 6-0 run there for a couple of minutes... (Tiby vs. Valpo)

a3uge

Whomever is in charge of the TV/streaming production needs to be told to STOP SWITCHING TO THE UNDER THE BASKET CAMERA. Would have loved to see the Vashil alley-oop there, but instead we got a lob and then Vashil's midsection. Every time the ball goes down low the camera switches and misses significant action.

Valpofan00

Agreed Ive always hated the under basket camera. It needs to be taken out.

a3uge

I don't know if anyone is watching, but that sequence where they called a traveling on Walker with 3:30 left is a microcosm of reffing the Horizon.

oklahomamick

Quote from: a3uge on January 26, 2015, 08:40:02 PM
I don't know if anyone is watching, but that sequence where they called a traveling on Walker with 3:30 left is a microcosm of reffing the Horizon.

I saw it, thought he was mugged. 
CRUSADERS!!!

vu72

Actually Todd and Dave thought the game was well officiated.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

a3uge

Quote from: oklahomamick on January 26, 2015, 08:50:25 PM

For one, the guy on oakland stepped out of bounds, then Walker was clearly fouled... but traveling?

Oh well. Great game.

What happened to UWM? I can't believe they won the conference tourney last year. You can't really even blame it on the APR suspension. I know Ariens redshirted, but man, recruiting has been terrible. They'll lose McWhorter next year (leading scoring, assists, rebounds) too. Maybe tonight was just a really, really off night for everyone, but absolutely everyone looked dreadful.

FWalum

Quote from: a3uge on January 26, 2015, 09:02:12 PM

For one, the guy on oakland stepped out of bounds, then Walker was clearly fouled... but traveling?

Oh well. Great game.

What happened to UWM? I can't believe they won the conference tourney last year. You can't really even blame it on the APR suspension. I know Ariens redshirted, but man, recruiting has been terrible. They'll lose McWhorter next year (leading scoring, assists, rebounds) too. Maybe tonight was just a really, really off night for everyone, but absolutely everyone looked dreadful.
Except maybe Tiby
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

a3uge

Quote from: FWalum on January 26, 2015, 09:09:46 PM
Quote from: a3uge on January 26, 2015, 09:02:12 PM

Oh well. Great game.

Except maybe Tiby

Did Tiby even play the second half? I completely forgot about him.

vu72

Quote from: a3uge on January 26, 2015, 09:10:54 PMDid Tiby even play the second half? I completely forgot about him.

15 points, 5 rebounds.  6 and 3 in the second half.

FWalum

Really surprised at this one.  Other than the top four teams the HL seems to have a bunch of weak sisters who lack energy and intensity for the game. After the first five minutes it seemed like Milwaukee just folded their tent and went home.  Thought Jeter would get more out of his guys.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

vusupporter

Tiby had decent numbers, but I thought Darien Walker played some very good defense on him.  Interesting move matching up Peters with one of the UWM guards and Walker on Tiby, but a very good move by our coaching staff.

SanityLost17

Anybody have any guesses on how playing time will pan out if/when Carter gets fully healthy again?  I am guessing he will start back slowly.   Will Nickerson remain as the backup PG or has Max done enough to earn 10 minutes in order for Nickerson to play more minutes at the 2 and 3 positions?       

Or does Bryce prefer the 8 man rotation over the 9 man?   

oklahomamick

Quote from: FWalum on January 26, 2015, 09:33:19 PM
Really surprised at this one.  Other than the top four teams the HL seems to have a bunch of weak sisters who lack energy and intensity for the game. After the first five minutes it seemed like Milwaukee just folded their tent and went home.  Thought Jeter would get more out of his guys.

who are the top 4? 
CRUSADERS!!!

HC

What I liked best about this game, besides the fact that PantherU probably ate more hotdogs in the first half then his team had buckets, was that Valpo didn't let up nor did they play down an inferior opponent.

78crusader

Been out of town on business.  Missed the game.  Disappointed and surprised at the sparse crowd.  When will KC be back?  Will 13-3 win this league?  If so, can VU get there?  It would mean a 7-1 finish.  Can we beat Oakland?  Can we beat CSU twice?  Can we repay GB?

That's all the questions I have.  Thanks!

Paul

a3uge

Quote from: HC on January 26, 2015, 09:56:46 PM
What I liked best about this game, besides the fact that PantherU probably ate more hotdogs in the first half then his team had buckets, was that Valpo didn't let up nor did they play down an inferior opponent.

I was lurking their boards before the game and found a post that claimed that they texted "someone in the know" about the new Milwaukee Bucks arena and that they were going to build it on the current US Cellular land, despite the new owners already completely ruling out that site. Guess there's something in the water there.

HC

I thought the crowd was pretty decent considering it was a Monday night. I hope they are getting a decent kickback from ESPN, these week night games are tough on families.

Can we beat Oakland? Sure, everyone beats Oakland when they don't play at Oakland.
Can we beat CSU twice? Probably.
Can we repay GB? Sure.

Valpo's defense is this good. They force teams to beat them with contested three pointers. Not a lot of teams want to win games that way.

Kyle321n

Quote from: oklahomamick on January 26, 2015, 09:50:07 PM
Quote from: FWalum on January 26, 2015, 09:33:19 PM

who are the top 4?
CSU, Green Bay, us and Oakland. With 2 losses at CSU and at Detroit (who always gets up for that rivalry) and wins vs the top 3, Oakland might be legit.
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer