• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

1/18 - Youngstown State @ the Beeghly Center

Started by talksalot, January 16, 2016, 11:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talksalot

Quote from: valpo84 on January 18, 2016, 04:09:50 PMBTW, the Cavs host the Warriors tonight at the Q so I am doing the right thing and attending the Penguin Tilt rather than go to the Q.

Couldn't get a ticket to the Curry-LeBron show, Huh?

a3uge

Why is the reffing always abysmal while playing at YSU? An offensive three second call?

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

NativeCheesehead

We get it Chris Sparks. You really really really really really really like Coach Slocum.   

a3uge

oklahomamick

Looking to see if our RPI drops despite the win. 
CRUSADERS!!!

talksalot

The RPI was at 22 before Nolan posted the final...

Stat Line on that game...

The Man in the Middle with another DoubleDouble...

18-19 Free Throws... E Vic gets to carry all the luggage to the plane.

Bench Points:  53-19
2nd Chance points: 23-3

Rebounds: 
Valpo: 21 offense + 30 defense = 51 total rebounds 
Young: 4  offense + 16 defense = 20 total rebounds

talksalot

and yes, Nolan just updated the RPI to 24 after playing that team.

govalpogo

Was leading a church council meeting.  Looks like things went alright.   :)

vu72

I missed the fact that the game started at 6 and not 7 so missed Alec Peters completely!  Wow!  Inspite of the lengthy garbage time we win by 31 on the road.  That has got to get some attention.  The rebounding margins are world class.  Alec had 18 points in 14 minutes.  Just Wow...
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

a3uge

Is Alec alright? I don't remember him playing after coming out from getting wacked in the head. Hope no concussion.

Valpower

Quote from: vu72 on January 18, 2016, 08:07:05 PM
I missed the fact that the game started at 6 and not 7 so missed Alec Peters completely!  Wow!  Inspite of the lengthy garbage time we win by 31 on the road.  That has got to get some attention.  The rebounding margins are world class.  Alec had 18 points in 14 minutes.  Just Wow...
So, anyone think Kampe would have pulled Felder as early in similar circumstances or would the circumstances never be considered similar because they lack our depth?

hailcrusaders

Quote from: a3uge on January 18, 2016, 08:25:40 PMIs Alec alright? I don't remember him playing after coming out from getting wacked in the head. Hope no concussion.

Was wondering this also. We took him out after the elbow to his head, and we didn't see him the rest of the game. Hoping it was just precautionary, since we were up 20+ at the time. He looked just fine and animated on the bench.
#CrusadersForever

a3uge

Quote from: hailcrusaders on January 18, 2016, 08:34:12 PM
Quote from: a3uge on January 18, 2016, 08:25:40 PMIs Alec alright? I don't remember him playing after coming out from getting wacked in the head. Hope no concussion.

Was wondering this also. We took him out after the elbow to his head, and we didn't see him the rest of the game. Hoping it was just precautionary, since we were up 20+ at the time. He looked just fine and animated on the bench.
Speaking of the bench, it was nice that the starters were so into the game after taken out. The bench has been supportive all year, despite some of the players having their minutes cut considerably over the past couple years.

It was also nice seeing Davidson play center and hilariously calling for entry passes into the post. Guy is a gamer.

talksalot

and the flight coming back....

probably not leaving at 9-central time...but for those into this type of thing you can track it...(it's like Santa's sleigh)

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/FRG63

justducky

Still no box score posted. Way too many players and all the scoring and tallying! It would be up by now if Peters had just played 40 minutes.

valpo64

Another dominating performance...8 guys had more minutes than Alec who had 14!  Maybe the guy who predicted that we would win the league by 7 games will be correct!   Another blown game by that coaching genius Ray McC as Detroit loses at WSU.  That Detroit situation is really bad as you can read it on the faces of the players at every time out.  I wonder how long the coach will survive.

nkvu

Nice to see D. Walker find his 3 point stroke about the time T. Walker seems to be struggling a bit from 3.  E Vic seems to still be a step slower guarding quicker guards than he was last year. Hope he gets that back as the season goes on and he gets back into playing shape.  The depth and unselfish play of this team is amazing.  Nice performance.

justducky

Quote from: nkvu on January 18, 2016, 09:02:25 PMNice to see D. Walker find his 3 point stroke about the time T. Walker seems to be struggling a bit from 3.
His 4 of 5 shooting raises his 3 point average to 33.9%. That gives me some hope that I might still get one of the "over-under" questions answered correctly. I took him for over 38% and that was looking really stupid until just recently.  :thumbsup:

valpotx

Yes, Darien has been steadily improving over the last few conference games.  His release point is back to where it was last year.  He was releasing the ball too late as he came down, which led to some abysmal looking shots off the backboard and well short of the rim.  He looks a lot more smooth when he is shooting, so maybe he figured out that he was holding onto it too long.  This is a great sign heading into the halfway point of conference.
"Don't mess with Texas"

agibson

Quote from: hailcrusaders on January 18, 2016, 08:34:12 PM

Did anyone catch the post-game?  I was hoping we'd get an update on Alec from Todd + Luke.  I just watched the replay.  That was... something!

From Paul's post-game write-up
http://www.nwitimes.com/sports/college/valparaiso-university/crusaders-score-most-points-in-conference-game-since-joining-league/article_f75b3cfb-5394-5cec-9172-622d87115f11.html
QuoteThe only scare for the Crusaders came early in the second half when Peters took an elbow to the head while grabbing an offensive rebound. The all-league junior forward left the game and didn't return for precautionary reasons as the outcome was already decided.

"Alec wanted to go back in, but we just didn't want to take any chances," Drew said.

Hopefully it's nothing - no reason it should be.

vufan75

Dickie V. tweeted a little love tonite for Valpo. Nice to be noticed.

Dickie V tweeted this:
In March /watch @jksports ValpoU / will cause chaos vs power conf teams / Can't believe what is happening @RutgersMBB  lost by 50 vs Purdue

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

agibson

Quote from: a3uge on January 18, 2016, 08:39:10 PMIt was also nice seeing Davidson play center

Heck, wasn't _Max Joseph_ playing center for a while?

Lineup of D. Walker, E Vic, Shane, Max Joseph, Lexus Williams.  With E Vic bringing the ball down the court.

agibson

Youngstown... didn't rebound very hard.  And we, as usual, often had four guys rebounding.

Rebounding margin? 51-20.  +31.  Could it be a Valpo record?

On our misses, they rebounded 16 of them.  We rebounded 21.

Not sure anybody keeps track of single game records like that...

The Horizon League does keep a _fairly_ extensive record book.

Season average record scoring margin in league games? 13.2.  Butler 2009-10.  We'll see...

Season average record rebounding margin in league games?  +11.1, a Loyola team in the 80's.  So far we're at +18.  _Average_.  Over six league games.