• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

1/22 - Wright State @ Nutter Center

Started by talksalot, January 18, 2016, 07:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StlVUFan

Quote from: valpo64 on January 25, 2016, 10:04:48 AM
Please!  Let's not compare Bryce with "King Kampe"!!!  The "Mouth" does and says anything that will promote himself first.  Let's face it, Oakland should be called "Kampe's Kamp."  He is the only coach they have ever had.  He does and says whatever he wants to do and he knows no one will ever question him for it.  It is and always has been "me first and the team second." You can tell it in his players, his record, what he does at the School (as an example just look at that terrible looking  floor design).  In NO WAY should we compare Bryce to "King Kampe."  He has always said he wants to develop his Div. 1 program to be like Valpo's.  Well after all these years of saying it, he has not come even close to doing it in any aspect...and aren't we  glad!
How very Butler of you.

It's a floor.  It's functional.  It's got colors and designs.  "Hideous" is an entirely subjective opinion.  I like it.

As for "me first", I would say you are jumping to conclusions.  I don't know why OU gave Terry Foster the access that they did.  I prefer wh's description: you feel like you are getting to eavesdrop on a family drama and you want to turn away out of respect for their privacy (that's wh in my interpretation, he may differ).  However, an equally plausible interpretation is that it's all about his players and not about him.  He's the face of the program, sure, but it's his players that he's doing it for.  I'm not saying you're flat out wrong (because I don't really know him that well either).  I'm just saying you're jumping to conclusions.

Oh, and he's not the only coach they've ever had.  Close, maybe, but OU has been around longer than 32 years.

He certainly is one-of-a-kind, and if I were his AD I don't know if we'd be a good fit.  But as a basketball fan, I think he's a hoot and a half, and I enjoy being able to talk to him when they come to the ARC.

By the way, there was this level of drama (and more probably) during the 2004-2005 regular season with that team (somebody got kicked off the team, there was a knock-down drag-out brawl during the summer, I think), and look what happened.

wh

Quote from: StlVUFan on January 25, 2016, 01:19:40 PM
Quote from: valpo64 on January 25, 2016, 10:04:48 AM
Please!  Let's not compare Bryce with "King Kampe"!!!  The "Mouth" does and says anything that will promote himself first.  Let's face it, Oakland should be called "Kampe's Kamp."  He is the only coach they have ever had.  He does and says whatever he wants to do and he knows no one will ever question him for it.  It is and always has been "me first and the team second." You can tell it in his players, his record, what he does at the School (as an example just look at that terrible looking  floor design).  In NO WAY should we compare Bryce to "King Kampe."  He has always said he wants to develop his Div. 1 program to be like Valpo's.  Well after all these years of saying it, he has not come even close to doing it in any aspect...and aren't we  glad!
How very Butler of you.

It's a floor.  It's functional.  It's got colors and designs.  "Hideous" is an entirely subjective opinion.  I like it.

As for "me first", I would say you are jumping to conclusions.  I don't know why OU gave Terry Foster the access that they did.  I prefer wh's description: you feel like you are getting to eavesdrop on a family drama and you want to turn away out of respect for their privacy (that's wh in my interpretation, he may differ). However, an equally plausible interpretation is that it's all about his players and not about him.  He's the face of the program, sure, but it's his players that he's doing it for.  I'm not saying you're flat out wrong (because I don't really know him that well either).  I'm just saying you're jumping to conclusions.

Oh, and he's not the only coach they've ever had.  Close, maybe, but OU has been around longer than 32 years.

He certainly is one-of-a-kind, and if I were his AD I don't know if we'd be a good fit.  But as a basketball fan, I think he's a hoot and a half, and I enjoy being able to talk to him when they come to the ARC.

By the way, there was this level of drama (and more probably) during the 2004-2005 regular season with that team (somebody got kicked off the team, there was a knock-down drag-out brawl during the summer, I think), and look what happened.

That's exactly what I meant.

valpotx

Admit it Stl, you have pictures of Kampe in both your wallet, and on your office desk ;)
"Don't mess with Texas"

historyman

Quote from: valpotx on January 25, 2016, 03:20:45 PM
Admit it Stl, you have pictures of Kampe in both your wallet, and on your office desk ;)
I don't see anything wrong with StL admiring Kampe for his coaching style. If Kampe were coaching Valpo I don't think you wouldn't be a Valpo fan. (I know that you will profess that you would dislike Valpo if Kampe were the head coach----and not mean it) OTOH, I don't think Kampe would be hired as a coach at Valpo.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

StlVUFan

Quote from: historyman on January 25, 2016, 04:38:19 PMOTOH, I don't think Kampe would be hired as a coach at Valpo.
On that score I suspect you are correct.

valpotx

I don't mind Kampe.  I neither dislike or like him.  I just like to tease Stl about his love for Kampe, based on years of reading him post as such ;)
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpotx

I again state that Wright State is not a good team...lost by 26 at Oakland.  That is pathetic, and makes our loss look that much worse now.
"Don't mess with Texas"

talksalot

Over 4,500 in the ARC for the Youngstown State game... how about a FULL HOUSE on 2/13 for the Rematch!  Get your tickets early for that one, it's also Hall of Fame night...

bbtds

Quote from: valpotx on January 30, 2016, 10:40:20 PM
I again state that Wright State is not a good team...lost by 26 at Oakland.  That is pathetic, and makes our loss look that much worse now.

I still chalk up the WSU loss to playing on the road, Bryce making bad decisions about Nickerson playing point while still having an injured wrist and trying to force plays through the middle when Keith went out with his bad ankle. WSU's defense was too tough for Nickerson under these conditions. If Max has been good enough to play against YSU and CSU and make the circus shot he made tonight against YSU, why in the world couldn't he have played on the road against WSU? It really confounds me. And that's not to mention a good Lexus sitting on the bench during the WSU game also. Why, why, why, why??

Rant over......................until Bryce does the same dumb move again............if he hasn't learned his lesson by now.

historyman

Quote from: bbtds on January 30, 2016, 11:41:18 PM
Quote from: valpotx on January 30, 2016, 10:40:20 PM

I still chalk up the WSU loss to playing on the road, Bryce making bad decisions about Nickerson playing point while still having an injured wrist and trying to force plays through the middle when Keith went out with his bad ankle. WSU's defense was too tough for Nickerson under these conditions. If Max has been good enough to play against YSU and CSU and make the circus shot he made tonight against YSU, why in the world couldn't he have played on the road against WSU? It really confounds me. And that's not to mention a good Lexus sitting on the bench during the WSU game also. Why, why, why, why??

Rant over......................until Bryce does the same dumb move again............if he hasn't learned his lesson by now.

Bryce certainly isn't the only good coach to make a bad tactical mistake in an important conference game.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

valpotx

Someone please try to tell me that this is not a bad loss again.  Wright State is terrible...
"Don't mess with Texas"