• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

1/22 - Wright State @ Nutter Center

Started by talksalot, January 18, 2016, 07:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vu84v2

I do not remember that quote, but the 2007 Valpo/UNC  game yielded one of my favorite halftime quotes ever from a coach. UNC scores the first 13 points and Valpo cannot hit a shot despite getting open looks, but then Valpo starts hitting shots and cuts a big lead to 5 at the half. At halftime, the ESPN sideline reporter asks Roy Williams if he was impressed with his team's  defensive effort given that Valpo did not score for the first 7 minutes. Williams responds, "what game are you watching?"

Valpo then and now is not as talented as that UNC team, but Valpo's talent level is so much greater and deeper than it ever has been.

hailcrusaders

Slow, grind it out game. I don't know if our 10 point MOV streak survives though.

Valpo 63
WSU 57
#CrusadersForever

oklahomamick

When I watched UMD at WSU the two commentators were huge fans of WSU.  One (Brown) was yelling and celebrating the last second shot.  Hope I don't have to listen to that again....
CRUSADERS!!!

talksalot

Coach Jim Brown needs to be slapped upside the head if he mis-pronounces our team name again... I'm up to 4...

SanityLost17

2 hand hold on Peter away from the ball on every possession so far. 

oklahomamick

Whats the record for lowest halftime score?
CRUSADERS!!!

vu84v2

The play-by-play guy seems OK, but Brown is awful. Agree on the pronunciation issue.

Need to settle down and get good possessions.

oklahomamick

D.Walker 15 WSU 18 with 4 minutes left in the 1st half. 
CRUSADERS!!!

SanityLost17

Not sure if Drew is getting out-coached...Yet... 

But Donlon has been playing a lot of 4 guard offenses, and after a switch or two, Fernandez has had to play a guard out by the 3 point line.  They have gotten 7 points so far because of that.

talksalot

At the half... Valpo 25 WSU 22 a 3/4-court for Benzinger at the buzzer

vu84v2

They should look at the 3/4 court shot again. Not sure he got that off in time, but it was close.

talksalot

Tonagel's shot was in _____ against ____ from about the same distance... who can fill in the blanks?

vu72

Quote from: talksalot on January 22, 2016, 06:15:44 PM
Coach Jim Brown needs to be slapped upside the head if he mis-pronounces our team name again... I'm up to 4...

He is either dumber then a doorknob or deliberately trying to mispronounce the name.  He is sitting right next to a guy who seems to be saying it correctly over and over again so the dope catches on.  What an idiot.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

Chairback

Jabril looks flat out horrible.  Looks like he could give two craps about playing today.  Every time he touches the ball it's a bad shot or turnover.  His defense is the weakest on the team. 

No peters involvement whatsoever.  Won't surprise me if we lose. 

talksalot

We're up 3... if we play them even in the second half, we win.

oklahomamick

Jim Brown related to former Texas football coach Mac Brown? 
CRUSADERS!!!

wh

Quote from: vu72 on January 22, 2016, 06:48:45 PM
Quote from: talksalot on January 22, 2016, 06:15:44 PM

He is either dumber then a doorknob or deliberately trying to mispronounce the name.  He is sitting right next to a guy who seems to be saying it correctly over and over again so the dope catches on.  What an idiot.

The play-by-play guy is just as much at fault.  How many timeouts has he had to straighten the guy out, but hasn't?  The whole thing is ignorant and disrespectful. 

wh

Quote from: Chairback on January 22, 2016, 06:52:09 PM
Jabril looks flat out horrible.  Looks like he could give two craps about playing today.  Every time he touches the ball it's a bad shot or turnover.  His defense is the weakest on the team. 

No peters involvement whatsoever.  Won't surprise me if we lose. 

Yep, it's amazing we're up.  Fortunately, WSU looks equally pathetic.  Someone is going to get their head out of their butt in the 2nd half.  Let's hope it's us.  This smells like Ball State (without the injury excuse).

SanityLost17

Karena sets an illegal screen on every possession, has not been called once.  I get it, every call against us is accurate, but WSU has not had one called on them yet.

talksalot

16 to play second half... UIC 41-36... just sayin'

rink

We better pull our heads out of our rears. Suddenly down 5 with 10:00 to go. Missing free throws, missing bunnies. Ugly looking stuff in the last few minutes, frustrating.

Make it down 7. Ugh!

ValpoRook

Sting would likely disagree on the mis-pronunciation. Lol.

rink

What a block by Peters! Sandwiched between hitting two three pointers. Attached boy.

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

rink

This color commentator is borderline brutal on the ears. The southern drawl, the know-it-all attitude, the vendetta he has against occasional silence.