• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

1/28 - Cleveland State @ the ARC

Started by talksalot, January 24, 2016, 06:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agibson

One report on twitter that espn3's working.  Still down for me.

agibson

Quote from: a3uge on January 28, 2016, 07:28:15 PM
Working fine finally for me. Where the hell are the students!?

Huh. Still nothing for me.

Sleet...

agibson

Reports on twitter are of intermittently working espn3 feeds...

a3uge

Valpo shooting the three very well. But getting good looks

agibson

Now I'm getting commercials on ESPN3.  Local commercials...

agibson

Then good video... for 10 seconds.  Then "your event is ended".

On two different devices.

a3uge

I've been watching fine since 9:00. Not going to touch anything.

agibson

I got solid video for the last 90 seconds of fame clock.  I guess I'll stay home...

bbtds

Will the Cleve State consecutive three 3s made record end tonight? The Vikings only hit 1 three in the 1st half.

agibson

League reports all HL games are working on ESPN3.  OK for me for almost fifteen minutes, if a bit behind the radio (maybe just buffering).

a3uge

Cmon guys. Sloppy couple of minutes in the 2nd half.

agibson

Hard to complain too much when you win by 20 (25?).

agibson

Todd gushing in the post-game about our conference rebounding stats.  And, it's true, no question.  They're mind boggling.

Luke's response, paraphrased, "Thanks.   But we've got a couple of boards a game to make up in the season-long stats.  And don't tell our players."

The scary thing is that Valpo's rebounding margin number's likely to continue to _improve_ (if our conference stats are any indication; with +17 in conference, +10 or so overall).  While most of the big guys ahead of us played cupcake schedules non-conference, and now have real opponents.

With some high tempo teams in conference, I don't know if we'll get too much higher than the current #5 or so on points allowed per game (unadjusted).   But, we're starting to show up on overall scoring margin, #19 at +12.6 on WarrenNolan, and that may continue to improve, again as some of the big boys see their numbers fall in conference.

Going to be hard to climb the home win streak ladder.  Just got to keep winning.  Currently number 9 at 23.  We may occasionally enter into a tie with some of the crowd ahead of us at 24 and 25.

I'm not holding my breath for Arizona, Kentucky, Kansas, or Maryland to lose at home.  Nor for Wichita State, South Dakota State, SFA, or UAB to lose at home in their conferences.  We'll see.  Could certainly happen.  They're not all going to run the table, even at home.

ValpoHoops

nkvu

A little concerned that T Walker has not found his shot for a while though it seems he is still dealing with toughest defensive assignment on the perimeter. Nice to see Hamink find  his three point shot at least for one game.  All in all a very workmanlike win for the team. Did Lexis seem a little more like his old self quickness wise at the end?   

vu72

So what is up with Tevonn?  Tonight, only 16 minutes, 1 for 6 shooting, 1 asst, 1 to and 5 fouls.  Oh yeah, 3 points!  This is not the same kid we saw against  Oregon State.  What's up??
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

valpotx

The Walkers switched places.  Darien is now playing like his old self, and Tevonn has reverted a bit.  If we get both Walkers playing their best game, it won't be fair to our opposition.  I can't wait until we put a shellacking on Wright State at home...
"Don't mess with Texas"

oklahomamick

Lexus was playing without the knee brase
CRUSADERS!!!

vusupporter

ESPN3 archive appears to be fine, in case anybody who wasn't able to watch due to their issues throughout the night wants to go back and watch.

a3uge

talksalot

that was gnarly driving home last night after the game...the salt trucks were out and about at the intersections, but the walking sure was treacherous...

ought to be a nice night on Saturday for Space Jam night!