• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

2/11 - Northern Kentucky @ the ARC

Started by talksalot, February 07, 2016, 12:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talksalot

bbtds

Nothing is going to be easy. NKU has beaten some good teams in the conference. Not a team to be taken lightly at all.

agibson

Quote from: talksalot on February 07, 2016, 12:06:17 PMFirst time for them in the ARC...

Listening to the arena lovers, NKU might be laughing under their breath.

Hopefully it can be loud, at least if needed!

covufan

Quote from: bbtds on February 07, 2016, 02:30:44 PM
Nothing is going to be easy. NKU has beaten some good teams in the conference. Not a team to be taken lightly at all.
Agreed, including their last two road games with wins @ Detroit and @ Oakland.  We need to end their road win streak!

Valpo    76
NKU      52

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

historyman

Quote from: bbtds on February 07, 2016, 02:30:44 PM

Yep, good to see NKU being better than expected. We wouldn't want to go around and beat a dead Norse.

"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

crusadermoe

bbtds

Quote from: crusadermoe on February 09, 2016, 09:04:28 PM
Are they a Norse to be reckoned with?
They could give us a tough game and put us at the horns of a dilemma.

agibson

Star Wars.  Walker, Texas Ranger. Telegraphic communication. The possibilities are endless.

VUfan

VU 82 NKU 64  to Strong for the Norskies.     ;)

FWalum

Valpo Basketball Preview for the NKU and WSU games.
   ! No longer available
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

HC

I'm going with 79-61
Happy Valpo Game Day!

VULB#62

Valpo wins 75.8 to 59.8 and maintains its scoring defense average.

bbtds

I am so ready for some Valpo basketball!

FWalum

Would love to see Tevonn regain his stroke. It has been great watching Jubril gain so much confidence in his game over the last few outings, but I still think that we need Tevonn to be in that 12-15 ppg range in order for this offense to play more towards its potential.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

talksalot

I hope the free pizza will get the students out tonight !

VULB#62

Weather forecast is for 15 degrees and clear. 0%-15% chance of precip.  Shouldn't prevent local people from coming out.  O/U 2,850.  I say over

HC

No school tomorrow either for most of the kids.

talksalot

Here's the NKY Game Notes... note they are celebrating their two wins over teams in the top 200 RPI for the first time...

http://www.nkunorse.com/documents/2016/2/10//NKU_MBB_GameNotes24.pdf

VULB#62

Heres some more from that :

• G Tyler White joined the 1,000-point club with a driving lay-up with 15:32 left in the  rst half. He now has 1,009 points.
• White is averaging career-highs in scoring (11.1) and assists (3.9).

F Jalen Billups led NKU against Milwaukee with 20 points, his  fth 20+ point effort this year. • Billups and White are climbing NKU's all-time scoring list. Billups ranks 20th w/ 1,136 points & White is No. 25 (1,009).
• Billups led the nation w/ 69.6% shooting last year, and is among the nation's leaders (t-10th) at 63.3% (126-199) this year.
• Billups ranks among NKU's all-time leaders in FG % (2nd, .634), blocks (5th, 123) & blocks per game (11th, 1.1).
• Billups' career 63.4 percent shooting ranks t-24th all-time in the NCAA.  HE IS A 6-6, 245# BULL. GOTTA DOUBLE DOWN ON HIM CLOSE TO THE RIM.

• G Cole Murray has made 68.6 percent (24-of-35) of his threes in the
last six games.
• Murray has had the hot hand from long range, shooting 49.2% (61-of-
124) from behind the arc this year, No. 4 (tied) in the nation.
  NEED TO SHUT HIM DOWN FROM THE GET-GO

Will the previous game plan be the blue print for tonight?  Worked pretty good for a 25 point margin

talksalot

Deontae Cole did not play for them in the first game against us (he missed three games in a row...)... only played 4 minutes against UWM the other day; way down from the 20+ he was getting at the beginning of the year... don't know what the story is...

Kyle321n

Quote from: VULB#62 on February 11, 2016, 12:44:40 PM
G Tyler White
1-7 from three, 0-1 from two, 4 total points, 2 assists and 2 turnovers.

F Jalen Billups
We held him to 7-15 (46.7%). He was 4-11 in the first half when the game was kind of in doubt.

• G Cole Murray
He went 15-27 (45%) in the 4 games prior to us. We held him to 0 points and he only took 1 shot.

We did a great job on all of their key players. I expect a repeat of this result.
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

VULB#62

Re: Murray --- 15-27 is not 45%; it's  55.5%. Even better!!

Kyle321n

I should stop trying to do math in my head.
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

a3uge

Go Valpo!

Slow start, but great on defense, as usual.