• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

2/13 - Wright State in the ARC - Hall of Fame Day

Started by talksalot, February 11, 2016, 10:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talksalot

We need to pack the ARC on Saturday night.

WSU will be madder than a wet hen after losing at the Pavilion.

I hope our guys are not TOOO fired up to get the revenge.

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

nkvu

We really need to send a message in this game that the loss was a fluke that has no chance of being repeated. A win by 15 to 20 should do that.

Kyle321n

With a win we will clinch the double bye for the HL Tourney. If Green Bay also wins Saturday we'll have clinched the 1 seed, which is now meaningless, thanks to "Motor City Madness". Well I guess not completely meaningless, we'll have that autobid to the NIT locked up.
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

VULB#62

covufan

We really need to treat each game as though we are playing Maryland in the tournament, and play all 40 minutes.  Don't look at scoreboard, play great defense, hit the boards, and take that first open shot.

Valpo   73
WSU    50

VUfan

How do you Score .3 or .4 points?  ???  VU 74  WSU 66 Closer then you want, but these guys can play the D. Every game counts any loss is a bad loss Seeding wise.

valpocleveland

Quote from: Kyle321n on February 12, 2016, 09:31:38 AM
With a win we will clinch the double bye for the HL Tourney. If Green Bay also wins Saturday we'll have clinched the 1 seed, which is now meaningless, thanks to "Motor City Madness". Well I guess not completely meaningless, we'll have that autobid to the NIT locked up.

12 wins locks up one of the top 2 seeds? Seems a bit low.

ValpoHoops

Our "magic number" to clinch a bye is 4, on wsu and Oakland (we need to get it on obe of them for the bye, both for the #1 seed). If we beat wsu, and Oakland does the same, we will clinch a tie for the #2 spot, but not it outright.

covufan

Quote from: ValpoHoops on February 12, 2016, 12:56:11 PM
Our "magic number" to clinch a bye is 4, on wsu and Oakland (we need to get it on obe of them for the bye, both for the #1 seed). If we beat wsu, and Oakland does the same, we will clinch a tie for the #2 spot, but not it outright.
I think it should be 3, as Oakland and Wright State play each other one more game. 

Being up three games with six to play is a great place!

Kyle321n

I screwed up my magic number formula in that I forgot to do the +1 in the (Games Remaining minus Games up)+1
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

crusadermoe

No double bye this year, right?     Maybe I misremember that new format is 3 wins needed to be champion.

a3uge

Quote from: crusadermoe on February 12, 2016, 01:58:34 PM
No double bye this year, right?     Maybe I misremember that new format is 3 wins needed to be champion.
Nope, same format as last year. Only difference is there's no more on campus sites and the whole tournament is played in 4 days (Saturday-Tuesday). The double byes remain.

SanityLost17

Our offense was much better when Tevonn was getting to the basket.  It does not seem like he is as aggressive as he was in the early season.  Without a true offensive post presence, we need people that can drive the lane, score and dish to open up the offense.  This is particularly true against a good defensive team like WSU.  For that reason, I am a little worried about this game, even though it is at home.

ValpoHoops

Quote from: covufan on February 12, 2016, 01:13:09 PMI think it should be 3, as Oakland and Wright State play each other one more game. 

It's 4 on each of them to clinch the #1 seed, but we are guaranteed to get one of them when they play each other. It's also 4 on "one or the other" to clinch the bye, but we won't know which one that probably will be until after Tuesday. After this coming week, we will have a very much clearer idea where everything stands...given that we host both Oakland and WSU, and they play each other.

In reality, it's a week or so too early to be thinking about it all yet. We need to take care of our business this week and then worry about where things stand.

govalpogo

I guess everyone is at the ARC?  No fun to have no one to commiserate with.   :(

nkvu

Pretty sad performance so far. Can't hit shots or free throws. Can't get a stop or an offensive rebound. I don't know why but Wright State just seems to have our number. Hope we can get back in the game in the second half or this could be real ugly.

govalpogo

I think this half, more than any other thus far in the year, will help us determine the metal of this Valpo team.  Haven't faced much adversity thus far, and except at RI, we haven't handled it well this year (perhaps not even at RI).

atkins

A clunker, which we cannot afford.  It is time for Alec to do his best Ryan impression and step it up in the second half.  It would help if others would also concentrate better than they have been.

nkvu

Now we have a game again. Refs finally calling the game tighter on Wright State. Can't let up.

govalpogo

Too long of a review...bonehead move by Tevonn to give them something to look at.