• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Video screen stats - or lack of them.

Started by valpospartan, February 11, 2016, 11:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpospartan

Does anyone know why game states are not being shown on the video board?  I'm afraid the answer will be because of the 100th anniversary "stuff" that we are being fed this year.  Not having stats shown, in game, has made this fans experience not as good as in previous years (fortunately the teams play has made up the difference).

agibson

Fair question. They always make nice half-time and full-time graphics for social media.  Maybe they're too detailed for the video screen, but some version of them wold be nice.

I don't remember what they've had in years past.

With free (for everyone, I trust?) wifi I the ARC, I can basically satisfy my interest in stats. But, is be happy to be able to consume some without having to hunt.

historyman

I noticed some of the scoreboard stats were back at tonight's (WSU) game.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

valpospartan

Quote from: historyman on February 14, 2016, 12:49:08 AM
I noticed some of the scoreboard stats were back at tonight's (WSU) game.

Yes, I did also.

Kyle321n

I saw that as well. During the almost two week break I noticed on Thursday they had fixed the lights that went out on the bench side that caused what appeared to be a mustache or eye black on a lot of the players during the intros. On Saturday's game I noticed the "mustache" was back. Not sure how that went out so quickly, but it's kind of funny to see.
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer