• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Tiebreaker Scenario

Started by WiscoCrusader, February 19, 2015, 10:07:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vu84v2

agibson

Quote from: vu84v2 on February 22, 2015, 01:42:18 PM
Yes. if CSU loses they will have 4 losses and GB would have 4 losses. 1 out of 2 wins for Valpo gives them the regular season title outright. Thus, the CSU-Milwaukee game is a big game. If CSU wins, the Valpo-Detroit game becomes moot for the regular season title since the winner of the CSU-Valpo game would win the regular season title regardless. Of course, winning out for Valpo would be the best scenario for a potential NCAA seeding.

Yep, a Milwaukee win (and they lead at the half) would give us some breathing room.  It would let us clinch at a Detroit, which would then make our game at CSU moot (and probably a sort of a trap game?).

oklahomamick

I can't take anymore trap games....
CRUSADERS!!!

Valpofan02

Milwaukee better pull out this W

agibson

Quote from: Valpofan02 on February 22, 2015, 03:56:00 PM
Milwaukee better pull out this W

Enh.  It'd be gravy.  I'm certainly not counting on it.  And I certainly don't trust them in a close finish.  If they're going to win, they'd better get a lead back now, and build it.

drewsaders11

Panoske just hit 2 quick 3s, Mil up 2 at the u4 to 2nd half.  The announcers aren't bad either, good game.  Hopefully Mil can hold on here.

Valpofan02

vu84v2

Milwaukee up 8 with 9 seconds left.  I like their chances.

oklahomamick

Yep....uwm won.  We need to beat Detroit wednesday. 
CRUSADERS!!!

BrownTown

Milwaukee wins!  Looking good for Valpo at the #1 if we beat DET?

WiscoCrusader

Gravy anyone?  Wooooooo.  Just need one win in last two games to ice this thing.  If we lose both the tiebreakers are insane, but I don't expect to need to worry about that anymore!

valpotx

This couldn't have worked out any better for us.  CSU plays really well and knocks off GB, then Milwaukee plays with pride to knock off CSU.  If we don't seize the opportunity against Detroit, our guys need a gut check....
"Don't mess with Texas"

bbtds

Quote from: vu84v2 on February 22, 2015, 01:56:02 PM
I think Milwaukee has about a 25% chance of winning. They have not played well, but have some good players that could rise to the occasion.

Penoske and Tiby sure came through with threes when the game didn't mean much to them except pride. Anybody really glad the Panthers screwed themselves out of an HL tourney position?

Valpofan00

Quote from: bbtds on February 22, 2015, 04:54:34 PM
Quote from: vu84v2 on February 22, 2015, 01:56:02 PM
I think Milwaukee has about a 25% chance of winning. They have not played well, but have some good players that could rise to the occasion.

Penoske and Tiby sure came through with threes when the game didn't mean much to them except pride. Anybody really glad the Panthers screwed themselves out of an HL tourney position?

Very. They could've won the league again. Reminds me of last year.

wh

From the CSU board:

Listening on the radio: Waters just told the refs: "I knew you guys were going to cost us a championship."

Leaving Panoski completely unguarded on 5 3-pt. baskets might have had something to with it...LOL

SanityLost17

Quote from: wh on February 22, 2015, 05:06:50 PM
From the CSU board:

Listening on the radio: Waters just told the refs: "I knew you guys were going to cost us a championship."

Leaving Panoski completely unguarded on 6 3-pt. baskets might have had something to with it...LOL

They also constantly carry on about all of their "what if" close loses.  Newsflash...Everyone has close wins loses!  You are only allowed 1 "woulda-coulda-shoulda" post per season.  Don't keep repeating yourself, it is annoying!       

oklahomamick

Darn, I've already used my "shoulda-coulda-woulda."
CRUSADERS!!!

VUfan

How about win and it will be!!! no Shouda-coulda-woulda Crap!!!

hailcrusaders

Assuming we take care of business this week (big if, I know), who would everyone rather see as the 4 seed in semis? Most likely either Oakland or GB
#CrusadersForever

oklahomamick

Oakland can shoot the 3 better and makes them more dangerous.  We can pack it on greeen bay. 
CRUSADERS!!!

Valpofan00

Quote from: hailcrusaders on February 22, 2015, 07:23:15 PM
Assuming we take care of business this week (big if, I know), who would everyone rather see as the 4 seed in semis? Most likely either Oakland or GB
Man I was just about to post this. I'd say Green Bay but unfortunately I think we will see Oakland. Man I cant stand Oakland! They give us their best game everytime we play them!

Valpofan00

Quote from: Valpofan00 on February 22, 2015, 07:57:37 PM
Quote from: hailcrusaders on February 22, 2015, 07:23:15 PM
Man I was just about to post this. I'd say Green Bay but unfortunately I think we will see Oakland. Man I cant stand Oakland! They give us their best game everytime we play them!
If they both win all their games until they meet up in their last game will that game decide who's the 3rd and 4th seed?

agibson

Quote from: Valpofan00 on February 22, 2015, 07:59:23 PMIf they both win all their games until they meet up in their last game will that game decide who's the 3rd and 4th seed?

I think it depends.  Either Oakland or GB, as winner, could take the second seed, depending on how things turn out.  And, if Oakland loses at GB but winds up 11-5 they could have the tie-breaker over CSU (not getting swept by us), and CSU could fall to #4.

SanityLost17

Oakland does not have depth.  If we are #1 and they are #4 they are going to have to play us on 24 hours rest.  Several of their players play 36-40 minutes a game.   I like our odds against them.  Also, no way Hayes hits that many 3's against us agian.   

Valpofan00

Quote from: agibson on February 22, 2015, 08:08:34 PM
Quote from: Valpofan00 on February 22, 2015, 07:59:23 PMIf they both win all their games until they meet up in their last game will that game decide who's the 3rd and 4th seed?

I think it depends.  Either Oakland or GB, as winner, could take the second seed, depending on how things turn out.  And, if Oakland loses at GB but winds up 11-5 they could have the tie-breaker over CSU (not getting swept by us), and CSU could fall to #4.
I do not want to play CSU, if we have to I'd like it to be for the championship..