• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo @ UDM Wednesday February 25, 2015 6pm Central Time

Started by talksalot, February 21, 2015, 11:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talksalot

One at a Time.

Where we stand so far...

13-1 in the ARC this year, second best record in ARC History (14-0 94-95)
11 Wins in a row in the ARC
7 overall wins in a row
8-0 at home in the HL for the first time undefeated in HL in the ARC

This Detroit game will be game #30.   We are 5-3 in the last 8 years in game #30 on the season.

With the win tonight, the season-point differential has fallen behind 2001-02 (11.58 to 11.48), still good for 4th best in School History.

February 25th ... a 20-year history....

2/25/14... lost at Wright State 67-58
2/25/08... Won at Milwaukee 66-57
2/25/06... Lost at ORU 87-78
2/25/98... Won in ARC over Western Illinois 66-56

HL Historic Road Games in Calihan Hall 

1/15/14 - VU 78-70
1/17/13 - VU 89-88
1/6/12 - VU 73-71
1/16/11 - VU 78-68
1/8/10 - UDM 77-67
2/7/09 - UDM 56-55
12/8/07 - VU 81-68

UDM this year at home:

Wins over:   Rochester, South Alabama, Aquinas College, South Florida, Milwaukee, Oakland, Youngstown and Cleveland State

Losses to:  Bowling Green State, Wichita State, Oral Roberts, Green Bay, Wright State and UIC.

Valpofan00

valpotx

For the regular season title, we will be ready to play!

Valpo 72
Detroit 63
"Don't mess with Texas"

Valpofan02

Gotta win this game in order to make the ncaa championship

Valpofan02

HC

Detroit has nothing to gain since they've locked up the 5 spot.

Valpo comes in on a mission and wins by 13, 71-58!

Horizon League should move its operations to Valpo.

usc4valpo

Detroit 67-62, I think we are getting the wagon ahead of the horse.

bbtds

Quote from: HC on February 22, 2015, 04:48:47 PMHorizon League should move its operations to Valpo.

Eh, no!

LeCrone likes his Geist Reservoir area home too much.

The HL stayed in Indy due to proximity to the NCAA headquarters and to make sure IUPUI stayed in the Summit League.   ;D

crusaderjoe

Quote from: usc4valpo on February 22, 2015, 04:56:28 PM
Detroit 67-62, I think we are getting the wagon ahead of the horse.

Sorry, but nope, IMO.  No tarp. 

I had no idea that the first time Valpo ever played Detroit was in 1921.  It was a loss (22-16) according to the archives.  Anyway, we continue to close and avenge the loss from 94 years ago.

a3uge

crusaderjoe

We get to close this thing out on four days rest as opposed to two.  No tarp.

Valpofan00

We still need to win both games. Could mean a big difference in seeding for the NCAA Tournament.

justducky

Quote from: crusaderjoe on February 22, 2015, 05:01:38 PMIt was a loss (22-16) according to the archives.  Anyway, we continue to close and avenge the loss from 94 years ago.
I remember it like it was yesterday but where was I yesterday?

VUfan

Lets just play like we have played all season and everything else will take care of itself.  VU 74 DMU 66  ;)

BrownTown

Of all Horizon League teams, Detroit is the worst matchup for us.  It will be a tough game; they'll be ready to play, but Valpo--knowing they're the #1 if they win--will prevail.  No sense in making @CSU a must-win.

Valpo 63
Detroit 60

talksalot

Horizon League NCAA Stat Comparison through 2/21 games...
           Valpo             Detroit
PPG     71.5 #3           71.4 #4
OPPG   60.0 #1           71.3 #7
FG%    46.7 #1           44.5 #6
GF%D   38.0 #1          44.8 #4
3PT/G     6.8 #4            7.1 #2
3PT%    37.9 #2           38.8 #1
FT%     67.3 #8            68.8 #6
RDiff     8.4  #1             -0.2 #5
Ast/G    13.5  #5          13.7  #4
TurnO   376   #8           398 #9
Ast/To   1.04  #7          1.03 #8
Blk/G     4.7   #2           3.2 #3
Stls/G    6.2   #4           7.8 #2  (Detroit #11 in nation in total Steals)
Fouls     483  #2            639  #9
Fls/G      16.7  #1         21.3  #9
Rebnds   1,116  #1      1,015  #2  (Valpo is #7 in nation)

OReb/G   11.93  #2     10.33  #4
DReb/G   26.55  #1     23.5  #4

historyman

I think Tevonn goin to catch him some Bass. He goin to take that Bass to da hole. He goin to get big dunk on. Tevonn is using his brain to outsmart that Paris. Tevonn goin to show Paris that french language is language of the D-I baller. Tevonn expects to do some damage on da Bass.

Battle trophy Smallmouth Bass from a tournament point of view, or just relax and enjoy what Quebec's phenomenal fishing has to offer. Fish from the comfort of a fully rigged Bass Boat and experience what this magnificent sport is all about. If it's an angling adventure for Bass you're interested in, or just honing your tournament skills to a higher level, Mark Currie's Advanced Bassin' Plus is the one for you.

http://worldwidefishing.com/fresh/Canada/Quebec/DollardDesOrmeaux(Montreal)/b1879

I believe Tevonn is looking to shut up that smallmouth Bass. Honing his tournament skills to a higher level, a level greater than the smallmouth Bass, yes, Tevonn will hook his skill to Mark Currie's Advanced Bassin' Plus.

FWalum, maybe Tevonn could take you on a smallmouth Bassin' trip on Lac Saint-Louis, Lac de Deux Montagnes, Lac Saint-Francois, Riviere des Ottawa and parts of the Riviere Richelieu (Lac Champlain). 

Bonne pĂȘche!
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

hailcrusaders

#CrusadersForever

covufan

Quote from: historyman on February 22, 2015, 10:48:51 PM
I think Tavonn goin to catch him some Bass. He goin to take that Bass to da hole. He goin to get big dunk on. Tavonn is using his brain to outsmart that Paris. Tavonn goin to show Paris that french language is language of the D-I baller. Tavonn expects to do some damage on da Bass.

Battle trophy Smallmouth Bass from a tournament point of view, or just relax and enjoy what Quebec's phenomenal fishing has to offer. Fish from the comfort of a fully rigged Bass Boat and experience what this magnificent sport is all about. If it's an angling adventure for Bass you're interested in, or just honing your tournament skills to a higher level, Mark Currie's Advanced Bassin' Plus is the one for you.

http://worldwidefishing.com/fresh/Canada/Quebec/DollardDesOrmeaux(Montreal)/b1879

I believe Tavonn is looking to shut up that smallmouth Bass. Honing his tournament skills to a higher level, a level greater than the smallmouth Bass, yes, Tavonn will hook his skill to Mark Currie's Advanced Bassin' Plus.

FWalum, maybe Tavonn could take you on a smallmouth Bassin' trip on Lac Saint-Louis, Lac de Deux Montagnes, Lac Saint-Francois, Riviere des Ottawa and parts of the Riviere Richelieu (Lac Champlain). 

Bonne pĂȘche!
It is all about that bass. No trouble.

classof2014

Unfortunately I was quite busy this weekend and was unable to watch any HL play but I was sure pleased with the outcome. I wouldn't have thought we'd have a chance to sew up the HL title in Detroit, I surely thought it'd be a must win in Cleveland. I'm hoping we come out on fire and seize the opportunity to host the HL tourney and absolutely trounce Detroit and with 10 minutes left we're up 20 to 25 and have a nice easy win.

I doubt that'll be the case though. Detroit has nothing to gain and we have everything to lose which can be quite dangerous. There is no doubt that Valpo is significantly better than Detroit but Detroit is very talented and are one of those teams when it all comes together they can be a top 3 team in the HL, lucky for us they're poorly coached.

So far we've stepped up to every challenge. Beating GB in the ARC on a nationally televised game. Going to Milwaukee less than 48 hours later and taking down the Panthers that are trying to play spoiler, like the did to Cleveland State.

I say we win by 10 or so. We're a better team and should be able to beat them on their home court. The one thing about Detroit that scares me is that they can shoot 3s and our defense forces a lot of them. Like I said we win by 10 or so.

79 to 69.

talksalot

OK... Time to Nip It .........Nip It....... Nip It....   and I'm probably guilty myself

Correct Spelling of #2...

Tevonn Walker   G  6-1  195  Fr.       

truth219

I am convinced that valpo can win out ans through the tournament.  What I would love to see happen is valpo make a statement.  Especially on friday in Cleveland.  We have really whooped anyone in the past couple weeks. I would love for us to come out and get a big lead, followed by a foot on the throat. We need to show how strong of a team we have by blowing the doors off of this road trip. However I will take any sort of win.

covufan

I think the Bryce will have these guys ready to play this week.  We play a full 40 minutes, never letting Detroit get that run.

Valpo  74
UDM    63

truth219

If we can win both these road games, I believe we will Crack one of the top 25's

agibson

Quote from: truth219 on February 23, 2015, 12:21:15 PM
If we can win both these road games, I believe we will Crack one of the top 25's

Maybe with some help... a Murray State loss might help a bit.  (Though, for seeding in the NCAA, we might prefer that they cracked top 50 RPI.  Which they might if they win out.)