• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

VU NCAA Press

Started by agibson, March 14, 2015, 09:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agibson

Quote from: Vale O. Paradise on March 19, 2015, 10:01:32 AMNot an article, but we made the top banner of the WSJ.

Not bad!

talksalot

I put that on facebook to see if that was regional or national banner... I've heard from Detroit and New York City... it was in both of those cities~!

oklahomamick

Based on SAT scores, Valpo is in the top 25 at the tournament. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/ncaa-bas ... ncaab.html
CRUSADERS!!!

agibson

Maybe try the link again?  It seems broken.  The story sounds interesting, but I'm having trouble finding it.

valpopal

Quote from: valpo84 on March 17, 2015, 12:53:21 PM
Here's an interesting piece from SBN today:

http://www.sbnation.com/longform/2015/3/17/8224923/countdown-to-march-bryce-drew-valparaiso
As the article reminds us, today is the anniversary of the Indiana High School Basketball final game in which Valpo lost to South Bend Clay in overtime. I remember that day 21 years ago as if it were yesterday, and I still recall yelling for the defense to cover the 3-point line in the final seconds of regulation with a 3-point lead and let Clay score two, but I guess Coach Punter couldn't hear me from my seat in the stands. I also would have been happy with a deliberate 2-shot foul. But the Vikings played a sagging defense with some players inside, which permitted a game-tying 3-point shot that doomed Valpo to an overtime loss and the end of an undefeated season, despite 35 points for Tim Bishop and 34 points for Bryce. I had attended just about all the team's games that year, home and away, and the return home from Indianapolis that evening seemed one of the longest drives I have ever experienced. 

LaPorteAveApostle

QuoteThe King's stinking son fired me, and thank you so much for bringing up such a painful subject. While you're at it, why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it? We're closed.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpo64

Here is some surprise mention of Valpo as mentioned this week on the Jimmy Kimmel Show which some of you may have seen. 

"Most NCAA office pools are illegal.  That's what makes it so exciting - the thrill of potentially doing hard time for circling the word "Valparaiso" on a piece of paper.  It's sad that the one thing we actually enjoy about work is against the law."