• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Alec Peters NBA Draft

Started by valpo84, June 22, 2017, 02:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

In What Round Will Alec Peters be Drafted?

Before the 24th pick
1 (9.1%)
24th-30th Picks(likely Orlando or Jazz or Spurs)
2 (18.2%)
30th-45th
5 (45.5%)
46th-60th (likely 76ers, Pacers or Bucks)
3 (27.3%)
Undrafted
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: June 23, 2017, 02:27:05 PM

valpo84

Quick Poll before tonight's NBA draft.
"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

M

There are only 2 rounds in the draft. So I will say he will go before the 24th round

VULB#62

Is anybody tracking tis. I am lazy and I hope someone is doing e heavy work for me 😃

FieldGoodie05

In Spokane this week for work and stopped by Gonzaga campus.  One of the staffers shared a story I can't confirm.  Said Gonzaga was nearing a decision to cease basketball operations until their miraculous NCAA bid back in the 1990's.

Irregardless of the facts, the story resonates with our little school.  Maybe we can / are beginning that transition with the MVC and Alec's potential selection in this years draft.

valpo84

Quote from: M on June 22, 2017, 05:21:29 PM
There are only 2 rounds in the draft. So I will say he will go before the 24th round

Fixed
"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

covufan

My guess would be 46th to 60th.

VUBBFan

Would have liked him to be closer and higher in the draft, but still it's the NBA. Good Luck Alec!

crusadermoe

I had not thought of the Suns.

I could enjoy being there during an NBA season.and traveling in the sunny west cities for most of the winter.

Family won't mind visiting him either.  😊

Congrats. ALEX!!

M

Couldn't have happened to a better person. Congratulations to him and theValpo program! Let's hope we do t wait so long between players being drafted this next time.

wh

Congrats to Alec!  He is so incredibly deserving of this new accolade and opportunity!

cornonthe

Congrats to Alec!!! Congrats to me too...I live in the Phoenix area, so I get to see him live...at least on TV anyway!!!  ;D

NativeCheesehead

Young, up and coming team. I hate these "Superteams" and haven't watched much of the NBA over the past few years because of it. But in the next 3-4 years as Lebron, Durant, et al, begin to get a little older, it will be interesting to see which of these teams stockpiling young talent gets the formula right.

If Alec in the rotation by mid year it may be worth an investment in the NBA package when it goes on sale in January. Love watching this kid play.

swiftmutiny

Seems like a good spot for him to land. They're a young team, and he'll have a good shot at earning minutes once he's healed up. So happy for him!!  ;D

VUOR63

He will be a great representative of Valpo in the NBA.  Congrats and good luck!

vu72

USA Today ranked the entire draft player by player.  There were seven power forwards taken a head of Alec.  Only 2 were rated an "A".  Alec was rated a "B+"

Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: vu72 on June 23, 2017, 02:44:39 PM
USA Today ranked the entire draft player by player.  There were seven power forwards taken a head of Alec.  Only 2 were rated an "A".  Alec was rated a "B+"

Appears that 19/30 2nd round picks were graded with a B+ or better...

Hmm

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on June 23, 2017, 03:49:46 PM
Quote from: vu72 on June 23, 2017, 02:44:39 PM

Appears that 19/30 2nd round picks were graded with a B+ or better...

Hmm

5/9 listed PF received a B+ or better.  Of course this is all conjecture about placement of pick and opinion. 

Excited to see what Alec's ceiling is!?!?

wh

I see that 10 of the 60 draftees are international players not affiliated with a D-1 college program. That said, I think it's noteworthy that Alec wasn't among the top 100 players in his class coming out out of high school, and here he is 4 years later 1 of the top 50 players in all of college basketball. That's a very rare feat.

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

VUGrad1314

Quote from: wh on June 23, 2017, 08:38:28 PMI see that 10 of the 60 draftees are international players not affiliated with a D-1 college program. That said, I think it's noteworthy that Alec wasn't among the top 100 players in his class coming out out of high school, and here he is 4 years later 1 of the top 50 players in all of college basketball. That's a very rare feat.

And a testament to the very same unteachable intangibles that made him a team leader, got him drafted, and will ensure that he sticks in the NBA. 

valpopal

The following brief piece by Kurt Helin of NBC Sports reflects well what I was thinking as I watched Alec's experience with family and friends in his hometown last night in contrast with the glitz surrounding those players attending the NBA Draft ceremonies. I especially liked the emphasis on characterizing Alec's situation and emotions as "authentic."

https://sports.yahoo.com/alec-peters-tearful-reaction-being-003026577.html