• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #13 U California Riverside Here we come! Dec 20 9:00 PM CST

Started by covufan, December 19, 2017, 10:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mj

I think our program is in some serious trouble right now....
I believe that we will win.

valpotx

If you are a reserve and you know that your top 2 scorers are out, wouldn't you be excited to get your chance to score?  Our team has no energy, and can't make an open shot to save their lives.  Bradford needs to learn to shoot from the 3 pt line, and not 10 feet behind it.  This is just sad to watch.

Also, the passes without looking to see if someone will steal it?  Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Don't mess with Texas"

VUSL98

valpo84

"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

nkvu

Has anyone on this team ever actually played basketball before?  It doesn't seem like they have.

NativeCheesehead

For the first time since I can remember, it is not worth my time to watch a Valpo basketball game. I'll feel better tomorrow, I'll be rooting and cheering are next week, but I'm done with this team embarrassing my alma mater tonight. Goodnight fellas.

nkvu

Quote from: jloose128 on December 20, 2017, 10:18:46 PM
I don't know why I'm still watching.

It's like the guy who was hitting himself in the head with a hammer. They asked him why he was doing it. He replied "because it feels so good when I stop."

VULB#62

No disciplne. Who kidnapped the team that beat Santa Clara and substituted these guys? One guy with the ball and 4 others standing around. No movement. Arghhhhhhhh!

swiftmutiny

Would this camera operator stop picking their nose and focus on their job? I'm trying to watch my team chuck up air balls and make stupid turnovers here.

VUGrad1314

Quote from: VULB#62 on December 20, 2017, 10:27:04 PMNo disciplne. Who kidnapped the team that beat Santa Clara and substituted these guys? One guy with the ball and 4 others standing around. No movement. Arghhhhhhhh!

Who kidnapped the 8-0 team that took care of business and found ways to win even in tough spots? Where's the discipline? The leadership? League play starts with our NEXT GAME  and I have serious doubts about our readiness.

valpotx

How much does your RPI go down when you lose to a really bad UCR team?
"Don't mess with Texas"

VUGrad1314

Quote from: valpotx on December 20, 2017, 10:36:26 PMHow much does your RPI go down when you lose to a really bad UCR team?

To levels we haven't seen since the mid-con days.

valpotx

You mean when those Valpo Mid-Con teams would have beaten us today by 30?
"Don't mess with Texas"

talksalot

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on December 20, 2017, 10:38:25 PMHow much does your RPI go down when you lose to a really bad UCR team?

before the game was over... the VU RPI was 105, with an SOS of 261...
after the game was over... the Vu RPI is 142... with an SOS of 286

a3uge

VU2014

Micah Bradford is 0-10 from 3. 0-10. 0-10.

A completely undisciplined player.

valpo84

So the double post offense scores 6 pts and Smits can make it 7.  Nice they finally decide to go inside with 3 mins left.
"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

VUME

I honestly do not know what to make of this performance, but I cannot stop warching. I am extremely concerned with the in-game decisions of our coaching staff and players.

I could understand issues like these against Purdue but the combined Northwestern and UCRV games leave me dumbfounded.

valpotx

I can't believe that I watched this whole thing.  Every single player on our team needs to look at themselves in the mirror tonight, and know that they lost to a terrible UC-Riverside team, and badly.  Those 30+ point losses to Purdue and Northwestern are long gone as being poor efforts, as we were blown out by the mighty Highlanders of the Big West.  They have embarrassed all that have played before them tonight...
"Don't mess with Texas"

swiftmutiny

The last few minutes they've shown signs of a pulse. Too little, too late. The final score is not indicative of how abysmal this game was.

vu72

My guess is Kiser is also sick.  He is a tough kid yet only played 15 minutes.  I'm wondering whether or not there is an illness bug going through the team in addition to the shock of Joe being done for the season.  As for Bradford?  Nice D3 player.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

bigmosmithfan1

The lack of anything resembling fight or fire in this team until things are way out of hand is very concerning.

Four of thirty-two from behind the 3-point line. 12.5%. TWELVE PERCENT.

justducky

Quote from: nkvu on December 20, 2017, 10:25:37 PMIt's like the guy who was hitting himself in the head with a hammer. They asked him why he was doing it. He replied "because it feels so good when I stop."
Fortunately the Apple couldn't make the video watchable and the other computer with Microsoft couldn't keep WVUR on either. So I threw in the towel and gave up early just like the team.

I suspect my computer speed problems are all directly related to the net neutrality thing despite Comcast stating otherwise.  I mean all of this started almost simultaneously with that decision last week. BUT because I gave up on watching or listening I was at least spared the torture of full game participation.  :thumbsup:

VUSL98

At least it was demonstrated that playing two bigs at once does not cause the world to stop turning.