• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #15 - Missouri State at the ARC December 31 3pm ESPN3 Home at Last

Started by talksalot, December 29, 2017, 01:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hckjag

Don't know if it's special for this game. I could see the logic behind it reversed (away team announcers for video assuming majority of their fans cannot attend the road games). I was wondering the same thing though. Todd mentioned being up by the track rather than courtside on the radio broadcast.

Pgmado

Missouri State brings a TV crew to away games. They broadcast game on local TV in Springfield. ESPN3 picks up that broadcast.

VU2014

Micah bradford is playing like a walk-on... whoever was the lead recruiter (I believe it was coach Lottich) needs to reevaluate who they recruit. I'm sick of seeing people saying Micah is a good shooter. He isn't. He's actually terrible. Micah is a great kid but he's not earning his scholarship right now. I'm not suggesting we take it away either, but we can't have recruiting mistakes like this.

valpotx

Another embarrassment to be down by 16 at half to a conference opponent at home.  This team keeps setting new precedents for low quality play over the tenure of my Valpo fandom.
"Don't mess with Texas"

vu72

Quote from: valpotx on December 31, 2017, 03:41:31 PM
Why is our home video broadcast so slanted towards Missouri State coverage?

I agree. If you look closely at the fine print you will see that it is a MSU production.  So we get a "Welcome to Missouri State Basketball"  from the ARC.  What the F**K?  We are flat out terrible.  Zero offense.  When Bakari passes he just stands there waiting for a return pass.  He hasn't take a shot I don't think.  They are WAY more athletic.  If we keep it to a 30 point drubbing I'd say that was pretty good.  Sure hope somebody figures this out.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

valpolaw

wh

In the matter of 1 month, this team has become very possibly the worst offensive team in D-1. If this continues, we will be lucky to win another game this year. I think a 4-14 conference record is too optimistic.

VU2014

valpotx

Once teams had enough film on us to realize that we can't shoot from outside, they just pack the D inside, and dare us to shoot.  It's the Erik Buggs opponent defense, but on our whole team...
"Don't mess with Texas"

nkvu

The defense on the other hand, consists of chasing around until we leave someone open for an uncontested three, then watching them make it.

oklahomamick

What's the worse home loss we have experienced?  What's the worse home conference loss?
CRUSADERS!!!

oklahomamick

Anyone notice out of halftime and a timeout (before the 16 official timeout) we turn the ball over.  We can't set plays up to get open looks? 
CRUSADERS!!!

a3uge

Quote from: valpotx on December 31, 2017, 04:14:06 PM
Once teams had enough film on us to realize that we can't shoot from outside, they just pack the D inside, and dare us to shoot.  It's the Erik Buggs opponent defense, but on our whole team...
Except instead of shooting open shots, we inexplicably try to force a pass to the post, which ends in a turnover.

valpotx

Announcer just said that we are, 'getting a little taste of Valley basketball today.'  Dude, we are 4-0 against Missouri State in the last few years.  Take that comment and shove it...
"Don't mess with Texas"

a3uge

It's the first year, so I'll cut Valpo some slack for not figuring this out, but it seems like the key to the MVC is to flop whenever a player drives. Doesn't matter if the feet were set, or if the defender makes first contact, they'll call an offensive foul every time.

Chairback

This reminds me of when Alec got hurt and we didn't know or couldn't do anything on offensive.

We are lacking a leader in this team.   

vu72

Looks like Bakari has been benched.  I think McMillan has earned his way into the starting 5 as has Linnsen.  That guy is hustling and playing really hard.  Sorolla?  Not so much.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

oklahomamick

Who are the announcers?  I need names emails and numbers.  4-0 last 4 games against them
CRUSADERS!!!

nkvu

At least our free throw shooting is only poor as opposed to our offense and defense which both suck.

Chairback

Smits has so many available wide open drives to the hoop and he doesn't see it. 

valpotx

Big congrats to Missouri State in catching us in a down year with a litany of FR/SOs, with a very experienced team on their side.  They can be happy with their 2 wins that they will get this year, while I will take our 4 wins over the last 5 years.
"Don't mess with Texas"

a3uge

This team has completely lost it. Hope this is just a funk of a season and it doesn't carry into next year. Maybe this will change the team's approach on offense.

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"