• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Ron Howard approaching D league scoring record

Started by IndyValpo, March 29, 2014, 06:45:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndyValpo

http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20140328/BLOGS17/140329265/-1/blogs

With 4 games remaining Ron is 28 points from being the all-time leading scorer in the D League!

LaPorteAveApostle

That's actually pretty cool.  Congrats to one of our all-time favorites.

At this rate Marquette will be asking him to come back at the end of the year.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

LaPorteAveApostle

Now with 3 games left, just 12 points away!

Quote"We haven't talked about (the record) at all," Howard said. "It's cool, but I'm not worrying at all about that. I was just focusing on trying to win this game. As you guys saw, it was a hard one for us."

Howard, who had six assists, has played in all of the Mad Ants' seasons, none of which had resulted in more than 27 victories.

The Mad Ants are atop the D-League at 30-16.

"Let's make a big deal out of it when it happens. Our team is focused on winning games, as is Ron, and when it happens we can all celebrate for him. It's a great accomplishment," Henry said.

http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20140328/BLOGS17/140329248/0/blogs

stay tuned at this rate he will have accomplished the feat by lunch
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

VU75

So he becomes the Crash Davis (or Hector Espino) of Basketball.

valpotx

How much money do players like Ron make in the D-League?  I have always wondered why he didn't go overseas for more seasons to make more money
"Don't mess with Texas"

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: valpotx on March 29, 2014, 09:08:13 PMI have always wondered why he didn't go overseas for more seasons to make more money
his family, right?  and probably because he has another job here and because also he needs one.

QuoteD-League salaries this year range from $15,500 to $26,000, pre-tax, non-guaranteed, per season. Housing is included.
tweet from Jonathan Givony, but it was about last year.  hopefully more this year, and i would assume the leading scorer in league history is paid at the uppermost end.

found on a message board:
QuoteThe very best, of the best, of the best D-League players can play in small clubs in Israel, Germany, France, Greece, Italy (non Euroleague teams) and make about $200,000 to $600,000 US dollars gross a year on average.

An average D-League player is going to be lucky to get a contract for $50K to $100K in a league like Cyprus or Belgium, or in even smaller leagues. or in the second division in Spain or something like that.