• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

2-star walk on player joins Valpo men's basketball

Started by vufan75, August 18, 2014, 08:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vufan75

Just an FYI.

According to Verbal Commits, a 2-star 2013 small forward listed as 6-6 and 220 lbs will walk on with Valpo this season. He is shown as a non-scholarship player who is expected to redshirt. His name is Chandler Levingston. This was reported on Verbal Commits today, 8/18/14. 

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/chandler-levingston

His hometown is listed as Chicago. From what I can find in looking around, he played at Stevenson HS located in the metro Chicago area, and then he attended St. John's Northwestern Military Academy for it looks like 1 year. It appears that he was part of the 2013 recruiting class for the UMKC Kangaroos, where he played sparingly last season as a freshman. 

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Chandler-Levingston-78271/

There is also a YouTube video about 8 minutes long showing him working out which I ran across when searching for his name on Google, for those who might was to take a look.

vu72

Well it is certainly good to know that our "walk-on" quality has improved to a 2 star rating! Might be a quality addition with another year of maturity.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

historyman

Quote from: vu72 on August 18, 2014, 08:35:07 PMWell it is certainly good to know that our "walk-on" quality has improved to a 2 star rating! Might be a quality addition with another year of maturity.

Poor Nick Davidson. I wonder if Davidson will get more PT than Levingston.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

a3uge

So I guess we're stocking up on players whose fathers played in the NBA?

valpo84

Besides being on a couple of the Bulls Championship teams, Cliff had the distinction of "fouling into the game" way back yonder when under the quirky NBA rules if there are not enough eligible players available due to injuries or fouling out, the last player to foul out can come in at the cost of a technical. This year, in a Lakers at Cavs game, this same thing happened.
"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

covufan

Quote from: valpo84 on August 19, 2014, 09:53:04 AM
Besides being on a couple of the Bulls Championship teams, Cliff had the distinction of "fouling into the game" way back yonder when under the quirky NBA rules if there are not enough eligible players available due to injuries or fouling out, the last player to foul out can come in at the cost of a technical. This year, in a Lakers at Cavs game, this same thing happened.
If the NCAA had that rule, I'm sure Jim Stueve would have had the same distinction!  Hard player, glad to have him on our team.  He must have averaged north of 4.0 fouls per game for his career, though. 

VU75

Quote from: historyman on August 18, 2014, 08:41:30 PMPoor Nick Davidson. I wonder if Davidson will get more PT than Levingston.

Not to be Debbie Downer, but Levingston played a grand total of 18 minutes last year at UMKC, where he was also a walk on.  Most likely a nice kid but will probably contribute more as a practice player then in games.

LaPorteAveApostle

Levingston, I presume, will not get ANY PT this year because he'll have to sit out.  So point Davidson.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

historyman

Do you know who Stanley Livingston is?

He was the actor who played "Chip" on My Three Sons.

Oooops, dating myself. Any boomers care to admit they remember that TV show?

Never met a tangent I didn't like.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

bbtds

Quote from: VU75 on August 19, 2014, 10:03:20 PM
Quote from: historyman on August 18, 2014, 08:41:30 PMPoor Nick Davidson. I wonder if Davidson will get more PT than Levingston.

Not to be Debbie Downer, but Levingston played a grand total of 18 minutes last year at UMKC, where he was also a walk on.  Most likely a nice kid but will probably contribute more as a practice player then in games.
Have we not learned anything from Drew Ferry? A STUDENT/athlete's career isn't over till the fat sheepskin hits the hand and sings or something like that.

StlVUFan

Quote from: historyman on August 19, 2014, 11:38:40 PM
Do you know who Stanley Livingston is?

He was the actor who played "Chip" on My Three Sons.

Oooops, dating myself. Any boomers care to admit they remember that TV show?

Never met a tangent I didn't like.

a3uge

LaPorteAveApostle

Look, it's bad enough you got everyone thinking he's Cliff's son...

I'm calling TOO SOON
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

LaPorteAveApostle

so hey, turns out you are right he is cliff's son.  well done, wade.

usc4valpo

Baby "Good News" is on the Sader squad!

BTW, Stevenson HS is in North Suburban (Lincolnshire) Chitown.

Hey, he is a walk on, give him a chance!