• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Meet and greet

Started by humbleopinion, June 10, 2016, 05:33:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbleopinion

I thought that it would be good to put all the thought s and impressions from last night's event in one place. I know my memories of it are fading already.

1) I get the impression that Lottich will look for much more from Jubril in scoring this year. He said that he wants forty points total from Jubril and Alec to defeat Kentucky.

2) Lexus continues to improve.  Luke said that Lexus has always been able to score -- he's been working hard on his defense and will be contributing.

3) Derrick has decided not to play with the Dutch national team in order to stay in Valpo for more workout time than he would have had in the Netherlands.

4) The NBA coaches thought that Alec would be a solid second round pick after his workouts.  Lottich stated that they told him to return to Valpo (not just to college), work on his game, and that he would be a first round pick next year.  They knew he could shoot, but they were impressed with his overall athleticism.

5) The whole team will be on campus for the second summer session.

6) Here's where my memory is fading... one member of the team (not Alec) made 1500 three pointers last Sunday. 

7) Our new coaches look young --  season ticket holders are not.

8) Lottich mentioned a quality walk-on, but then he was cautioned by Luke to withdraw the statement.

9) The contract for the Kentucky game has not been signed yet.  That would explain why the date has not been announced.

Beamin' Beacons

VULB#62

humbleopinion

I would guess eighty to one hundred people were there.  It was hard to tell as the group was split into two rooms.
Beamin' Beacons

VULB#62

valpopal

Quote from: humbleopinion on June 10, 2016, 05:33:53 AM

6) Here's where my memory is fading... one member of the team (not Alec) made 1500 three pointers last Sunday. 

Matt mentioned that Smits and Bradford were working out together every day and on Sunday they shot 1500 3-pointers. I am assuming that is a cumulative number for the pair.

valpospartan

Quote from: VULB#62 on June 10, 2016, 07:05:27 AM
How was the turn-out?

I was told that the maximum was 200 and that they had 200 reservations.