• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

The Final Countdown

Started by wh, October 31, 2015, 12:53:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wh

One of the Top 10 songs played at sporting events is The Final Countdown by Europe. I would love to see it used as the players break the huddle and head for center court for the opening tip. Believe me it revs up a crowd like nothing else can. Put on some headphones, turn up the volume, and give it a listen :):

! No longer available

StlVUFan

Quote from: wh on October 31, 2015, 12:53:12 AM
One of the Top 10 songs played at sporting events is The Final Countdown by Europe. I would love to see it used as the players break the huddle and head for center court for the opening tip. Believe me it revs up a crowd like nothing else can. Put on some headphones, turn up the volume, and give it a listen :):

! No longer available

I'm a Thunderstruck kind of guy myself, but that's pretty darn good too.

By the way, a buddy of mine always wished Gilmour would have gone as high in that solo on the original studio album as he went in that clip in your signature block.

a3uge

! No longer available

https://youtu.be/iH1biQdyiQI

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Valpower

Quote from: a3uge on October 31, 2015, 05:46:09 PM

! No longer available

https://youtu.be/iH1biQdyiQI

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

I am recently tired of that song thanks to a Geico commercial playing it over and over again during the MLB playoffs and World Series, but it would still probably work.

historyman

It will remind me of GEICO and a microwave clock counting down more than it will Valpo MBB! :-)
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann