• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

NCAA 2016 Tournament preseason Brackets

Started by Just Sayin, November 12, 2015, 05:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VULB#62

78crusader

Way too much hype surrounding our team this year.  Too much pressure on our guys.   Instead of talking about silly preseason rankings and NCAA seedings – which are sure to wind up on our opponents' bulletin boards – I suggest it would be better to focus on IPFW, a team, it should be noted, that has almost always played us tough.

Paul

FWalum

Quote from: 78crusader on November 12, 2015, 07:38:22 PM
Way too much hype surrounding our team this year.  Too much pressure on our guys.   Instead of talking about silly preseason rankings and NCAA seedings – which are sure to wind up on our opponents' bulletin boards – I suggest it would be better to focus on IPFW, a team, it should be noted, that has almost always played us tough.

Paul
This is always a HUGE game for the Mastodons.  Tommy Bell, former IPFW Athletic Director now with Southern Illinois University, and I use to discuss how badly they wanted into the HL and that beating Valpo would prove that they could compete in the HL.  I can't imagine that much has changed.

For some reason we almost always come out flat for this game.... so I hope we are not believing the hype, want to see the T Walker and Peters' scowl right from the get go.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

VULB#62

Too much riding on this game to lose it:  Home opener, banner night. 

How's the ticket sales going?

sliman

If the seating chart on the online tickets site has been updated and is reasonably accurate, not many tickets have been sold.  The largest concentration of tickets sold in the upper sections is in the section behind the IPFW bench (Mastadon fans?).  Even fewer tickets seem to be sold for Sunday, which would be a shame if accurate.  But, we never seem to draw well until January and numerous reasons have been expressed here over the years.

VULB#62

2488 were reported for the UIndy exhibition.  Would assume we'd at least surpass that figure tonight and Sunday.

covufan

Quote from: sliman on November 13, 2015, 01:52:22 PM
If the seating chart on the online tickets site has been updated and is reasonably accurate, not many tickets have been sold.  The largest concentration of tickets sold in the upper sections is in the section behind the IPFW bench (Mastadon fans?).  Even fewer tickets seem to be sold for Sunday, which would be a shame if accurate.  But, we never seem to draw well until January and numerous reasons have been expressed here over the years.
If there are empty seats, I have not seen anything on social media to entice local fans to the games tonight and Sunday??!?!?

agibson

Quote from: sliman on November 13, 2015, 01:52:22 PM

Box score reports 4117 tonight, and I think that's consistent with past reporting.  Balcony was populated throughout, not packed, but people in most every row.  Student section full with a couple rows standing behind, and plenty of students in EE, DD, presumably AA.  Good, healthy crowd for opening night.