• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

? Stop a tradition ?

Started by Smj, November 15, 2015, 06:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smj

Not sure how others will view this so I want your thoughts... 

Two years ago the team "ran" into the student section following a win to celebrate with the students.

Last year I noticed that the team barely went into the stands after walking there.    This year it looked like the team is on the way to the dentist as they walk over to stand in front of the stands. ...   It kind of looks bad - maybe this team needs to find a different way to acknowledge the student section?

Go Valpo!

valpo64

After today's game, don't worry about the team engaging the student body...it's not a problem...just like last year Vashil led the team into the section.

ValpoDad89

Valpo64, after 2 games I'm with u Vashil leads them "deep" into the stands!!! To the kids credit, they have some great costumes and a real good energy!!!!

Smj

Ya - I don't think you two are paying attention.    The team is not running over with smiles.    Vashiel is the only one really interacting and the rest just stand at the bottom.   Yesterday a few players did not even cross the rope.    (If you "really" watch it looks awkward. )

I am just wondering if maybe the tradition is dying - especially if one player drags them over.   I would rather they find their own way...

Go Valpo!

valpo64

I think there are more important things to worry about than post game interaction with the student body..as for "straight faces" I think this team is very  focused on winning, especially with the tough stretch coming up.  So far , I like what I see, especially after watching the Iona game.  GO VALPO!