• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game 3: Valpo @ URI 11/17 9:00AM

Started by VULB#62, November 16, 2015, 04:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VULB#62

What's become of the "of America" part of USA?  Right there we have the basis for being Americans.

So there ! 

Pffft!

ValpoHoops

I'm told Skara is not on the trip. I have nothing to confirm this...but I also have no reason to doubt the source.

Donjon VU07

NBA scouts are going to become a theme:

From Twitter:
Bill Koch ‏@BillKoch25  3 minutes ago
Scouts from the Mavs, Cavs, Clippers, Celtics, Spurs, Nuggets, Pacers, Jazz and Nets all scheduled to attend #URI-Valparaiso today. #Rams

Twitter doesn't say anything about Skara, but I don't question him sitting this one out.

vu84v2

Ended up having something come up and could not drive over to the game. While I would have loved to go there, what came up is pretty great.

I think that this is a tough close game and that it will come down to both teams trying to find enough options on offense due to the good defensive play. One of the Walkers steps up and scores 16+ and Valpo wins a tough game. Valpo 73 URI 68

I was wondering if schools that play a weekday morning game like this let their students out of classes. My guess is that most schools would leave it to the discretion of the professor.

RedHawk

Per @ValpoBasketball on Twitter, Skara stayed home.

VULB#62

The cancelling of classes was the subject a lot of discussion on the URI board but nothing definitive came of it.

a3uge

Geez, I hope he's okay for the Oregon trip. We could really use his size.

oklahomamick

Started off strong, now in a scoring drought at the 12 minute mark.  Rhode Island made a run once we subbed.  Vashil has done well to alter shots and stay out of foul trouble.  He's going to have to play a lot of minutes. 
CRUSADERS!!!

FWalum

We should be up by at least 14 instead of only 4. We have missed tons of point blank shots.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

oklahomamick

They attack the rim every time Vashil is on the bench. 
CRUSADERS!!!

a3uge

Not surprising both teams are struggling to score at 10am.

crusader05

It's interesting cause it's all just slightly off. Definitely attributing it to the quick travel and early time. Both teams seem sluggish and slightly delayed

oklahomamick

stuck on 14 for awhile.  Not much playing time for E. Victor. 
CRUSADERS!!!

a3uge

Can't keep missing open shots and layups when they're few and far between.

FWalum

Quote from: vu72 on November 16, 2015, 02:36:17 PM
In their first game they shot 30.8% from the 3 and made 13 of 31 FTs!   :o

They are not terribly big, most likely starting 6'7", 6'9", 6'0", 6'3" and 6'2" with a 6'4" and two 6'7"s off the bench.  The 6'9" guy only weighs 210# and their 6'0" kid weighs in at 170#.

Their starting five will mostly likely be Martin, Iverson, Garrett, Terrell and McGlynn.  McGlynn made 4 3s in their only game and no one else made a single three.  I like the matchups.
No way their roster numbers are correct.  These RI guys look every bit as big as our boys.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

oklahomamick

hopefully they review that 3....it was a two.  How long have we been stuck on 14?
CRUSADERS!!!

FWalum

wh

Best defensive half in years. Worst offensive half in years.

bbtds

Quote from: FWalum on November 17, 2015, 09:46:24 AM
Quote from: vu72 on November 16, 2015, 02:36:17 PM
In their first game they shot 30.8% from the 3 and made 13 of 31 FTs!   :o

They are not terribly big, most likely starting 6'7", 6'9", 6'0", 6'3" and 6'2" with a 6'4" and two 6'7"s off the bench.  The 6'9" guy only weighs 210# and their 6'0" kid weighs in at 170#.

Their starting five will mostly likely be Martin, Iverson, Garrett, Terrell and McGlynn.  McGlynn made 4 3s in their only game and no one else made a single three.  I like the matchups.
No way their roster numbers are correct.  These RI guys look every bit as big as our boys.

Maybe this shows that Rhody is just being truly honest about their players' heights and not using the usual exaggeration that teams do about their players' dimensions.

a3uge

They should talk about URI, Belmont, Valpo, UC Irvine, etc during the half time of the Kentucky Duke game tonight.

justducky

Quote from: wh on November 17, 2015, 09:54:15 AMBest defensive half in years. Worst offensive half in years.
I think we have taken a better selection of shots than RI but you have to hit some of them. Vashil seems to have his sophomore hands back.

wh

Tevonn is 4-6. The rest 2-24. Hopefully, Tevonn is on the floor the entire 2nd half. He's the only player that looks composed on offense.

a3uge

Much better effort offensively. But much worse effort defensively.

a3uge

Still up 5, but need to start finishing!