• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game 6: @ Oregon 11/22

Started by VULB#62, November 20, 2015, 08:22:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valpofan00

So will the VU game only be on Pac 12 network? Will it possibly be shown online somewhere? Will Buffalo Wild Wings have it?

valporun

The game would be on pac-12.com, if your cable/satellite provider has a contract with them, and you subscribe to package it's offered in, or maybe one of the bootleg sites. Buffalo Wild Wings would probably be able to get it, but with it being on during football games, who knows if they would turn up the volume on the Valpo game, or put it on more than one screen that isn't 22inches.

agibson

Some local business is missing an opportunity here.

There are sometimes streams linked from sites like http://firstrowsportes.eu/basketball, but they may not be legal in your jurisdiction. And, you've got to be careful of viruses, etc.

For me, $5 or $10 extra on my cable bill looks like it'll work well. But, I'm not at all sure that's an option for e.g. VU students.

(In fact, I'll be at a dinner party during the game, but this'll make it easy to record it.)

Incidentally, looks like the Vegas lines have Oregon by 4, 4.5 or 5.

StlVUFan

I just called the BWW near me in Creve Coeur, MO, and they said they have it, so I'm going to give it a try tomorrow night.  I don't really care about the sound being turned up or how big the screen is, because I'll be taking my play-by-play from Todd and Aaron anyway.

techsavy123

Sip everyone, i think we should start nick davidson and chandler levingston, i think nick davidson experience will prove crucial in the late minutes. I also think chandler levingstons size will greatly improve our defense and offense rebound chances. Any thoughts and comments will be taken with a grain of salt considering ive studied VU basketball for 45 years and know alot more than all of you.  :thumbsup:

UConnHoops

BIG TIME UCONN FAN here wishing Valpo good luck tomorrow in the Crusaders biggest game for At-Large consideration during the course of the season. I think this Valpo team has the potential to be Final4 special. Take out Oregon tomorrow and get ranked in the Top 25 to put college hoops on notice that Valparaiso is the real deal (I think they will be regardless). Do it UConn/Biggie style (see video) tomorrow! Go get'em!!!!!!!!!!! Love your team!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3hTkAT-Kfw

Valpofan00

Has anyone bought and tested out the pac 12 network?? How much does it cost? Can I buy it as an individual channel or do I have I buy it in a package?

wh

I did. See my post above. Works great. Watched the USC-New Mexico game. What a boring life I live.  :)

usc4valpo

http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400814231

An SC-Valpo matchup would be great. The only mismatch would be cheerleader quality...

Donjon VU07

Quote from: usc4valpo on November 22, 2015, 11:16:10 AMhttp://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400814231 An SC-Valpo matchup would be great. The only mismatch would be cheerleader quality...

Come on man -- I'd consider the USC cheer squad to be nationally celebrated, and perhaps that's your point.  But our cheerleaders put the time in supporting the team, and that's all that matters to me.

Donjon VU07

Quote from: usc4valpo on November 22, 2015, 11:16:10 AM
http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400814231

An SC-Valpo matchup would be great. The only mismatch would be cheerleader quality...

Man, I would sure like another shot at those Lobos this year.  Shame we can't get some revenge on last year's debacle.

bbtds

Quote from: Valpofan00 on November 21, 2015, 11:19:25 PM
Has anyone bought and tested out the pac 12 network?? How much does it cost? Can I buy it as an individual channel or do I have I buy it in a package?

Quote from: agibson on November 21, 2015, 10:24:15 AM
Quote from: wh on November 20, 2015, 11:22:26 PM
Dish customers need the Multi Sport Pack @$13/mo. to get the Pac-12 Network. I'm going to order it in the morning, assuming I can cancel after a month. I'm happy to pay $13 to be able to watch both the Oregon and Oregon State games.

Yeah, I was looking at this too.  I don't particularly trust Comcast to turn it on promptly, or certainly to make it easy to cancel.  Frankly, even if it's in their interest, I don't really even trust them to make it easy to signup!  But, probably a good option to have available, maybe I'll give it a try...

Well, it's easy on the front end, at least.  Maybe only $5/month extra at a promotional price.  We'll see what it actually costs, and how cancellation goes.  Who knows, if it's really only ~$10/month at the usual price, they might lure me in.

For now, I get two VU games, and an El Clasico bonus.  I'll take it.  Turned on instantaneously, within seconds of clicking "complete my order" on the web page.

I do believe this is exactly what agibson did.

valpo4life

Quote from: wh on November 20, 2015, 11:22:26 PM
Dish customers need the Multi Sport Pack @$13/mo. to get the Pac-12 Network. I'm going to order it in the morning, assuming I can cancel after a month. I'm happy to pay $13 to be able to watch both the Oregon and Oregon State games.

I am a Dish customer as well and you can actually pay $6 a month to add a specific channel to your current package. That's what we have done and won't renew it next month. I know we're talking real small time money here, just throwing it out there

Chairback

I expect Oregon to be focused and ready for today's game.  No way they take us lightly and will come out on fire.

3 keys for today's game: keep Vashil out of foul trouble, limit turnovers, and we have to hit our wide open 3's.

We will see what this team is fully made up of today.  0-38 (I could be wrong..) and counting is getting old.  If Bryce truly wants to move on eventually from Valpo he needs a big win which to me he hasn't had one yet on his resume.  This team no doubt has the skills to compete.

Also, a great opportunity for Alec to show his skills against a non Mid-Major.  I'm interested in seeing how he does defensively as currently this is his weakest point.  I don't show him backing down today!

In regards to no TV, I'm looking forward to listening to Todd call the game.  I'll enjoy it just as much and have it going loud in the whole house.

vu72

Quote from: Valpofan00 on November 21, 2015, 11:19:25 PM

\\if you buy an individual channel make sure it is the right one.  There str like five or six pac-12 channels.  The game is on PAC OREGON.

Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

valpocleveland

Game is on PAC-12 National in my area so like vu72 says double check before purchasing.

Costs $8.99/month to add and the guy I talked to said it was pro-rated if I cancel early. Two Valpo games on TV for under a buck, seems too good to be true. Assuming I will be charged for the full month but still worth it in my opinion.

Go Valpo!

Valpofan02

We can expect Oregon to be very quick. Even though chip Kelly is in the nfl, they still have a no-huddle offense. They like to score quick and put their defense on the field. With this being said, I think the defense will be tired so Valpo needs to take advantage on the offensive end. I agree with techsavy123, as he posted earlier, Davidson and Levingston-Simon really need an explosive day scoring and on the boards. #kiggensforpresident  ;D

agibson

I watched a bit of the Baylor game, but hadn't seen a lineup or scouting report at that point.

Is their JUCO player-of-the-year center going to cause problems for Vashil? Foul trouble? Seems like it's been a whie since I've seen him battle down low with a potent offensive post player. Did Rhode Island have a guy?

I wonder how much of Jubril we'll see.

And, after Oregon extended their rotation against Savannah State, it'll be interesting to see if it's six again for us. They only dress... nine?... scholarship players.

Some reasonable press in Oregon, and a decent AP story.  The CBS video on the web was good too.  No gameday piece in the NWI Times?

agibson

Quote from: Chairback on November 22, 2015, 12:50:03 PM
We will see what this team is fully made up of today.  0-38 (I could be wrong..) and counting is getting old.  If Bryce truly wants to move on eventually from Valpo he needs a big win which to me he hasn't had one yet on his resume.  This team no doubt has the skills to compete.

Not that I want to encourage Bryce's departure, but surely this is the type of game we want, if weever end the streak.  #25 (OK- harder to predict those), not #1.  And in a game where, were it at the ARC, we might be favored!

vu72

Quote from: valpocleveland on November 22, 2015, 01:18:03 PM
Game is on PAC-12 National in my area so like vu72 says double check before purchasing.

Costs $8.99/month to add and the guy I talked to said it was pro-rated if I cancel early. Two Valpo games on TV for under a buck, seems too good to be true. Assuming I will be charged for the full month but still worth it in my opinion.

Go Valpo!

Just checked, the game is actually on both! 
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

hailcrusaders

Is the game on WVUR? I'm not getting it to work on the website. Don't get Pac-12 obviously.
#CrusadersForever

valpocleveland

TO's are killing us. Up to 5 already before the first media timeout?!?!?

VUfan

hailcrusaders

Someone speak up if the WVUR stream starts working. In the meantime, I'm tuned into the Oregon call of the game, but I'd much rather listen to Mr. Ickow...
#CrusadersForever

FWalum

Pac-12 video online feed isn't so great for me keeps recycling. Seems to be OK right now but I'm sure I'm way behind. WVUR also not working.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show