• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

TV for Oregon State - Tuesday 11/24 @ 8PM

Started by valpospartan, November 22, 2015, 09:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpospartan

The game is televised on the PAC-12 network, which can be found on Comcast cable Ch. 419.  Unfortunately you must have  a sports package to get this channel.
If you don't have a Comcast sports package, you can go to
http://pac-12.com/live?network=P12WAS and stream the game on your computer (if you have a qualifying service provider).  Good luck with this though - I tried it Sunday and saw more buffering than game.

agibson

Quote from: valpospartan on November 22, 2015, 09:52:04 PM
The game is televised on the PAC-12 network, which can be found on Comcast cable Ch. 419.  Unfortunately you must have  a sports package to get this channel.
http://pac-12.com/live?network=P12WAS and stream the game on your computer (if you have a qualifying service provider).  Good luck with this though - I tried it Sunday and saw more buffering than game.

Is it possible to not get the channel but still have access to the stream? I assumed the two went together.

My investment from Oregon should carry over. 

I didn't love the FT camera for every shot, and the broadcast table was way too close to the student section. Otherwise, the call wasn't -too- home rush, and they were mostly respectful of Valpo (could finish middle of the pack in any conference in the country).

VUOR63

If Valpo beats the Beavs will they have won the Beaver Showcase?

They need to come out angry and pick up a win.  Watch AP go off for 30+ and we win going away. 

I got courtside tickets for this one...thinking about sporting my brown letter jacket and 2003 PFL ring to get some TV time.

agibson

Should we just re title this as the game thread?

Osipoff says Skara unlikely to appear at OSU, citing Drew.

justducky

Quote from: agibson on November 23, 2015, 09:23:29 AM

No Derrik, an unlikely David, limited availability from Lexus and maybe EVN but we are still almost a tossup for a victory. In a normal depth year those injuries would have dropped us to 15 point underdogs.

Neither Vashil or Darien played well early. Not that they need a motivational tool but if we start the game in man coverage I wonder if we could start Jubril for Vashil and or Shane for Darien?

agibson

The Vegas line I see is Oregon State by 4.  It's their home court. And it's consistent with Pomeroy. But, still, I'm surprised.

This feels like one we should get. I'll admit, that's purely emotional, not rational.

Hey, I suppose, an upset win's better than a win as a favorite!  (And, who's ever a favorite on the road?)

wh

FWalum

I want to win this as much as anybody else, but home court in recent past for Oregon State has been HUGE.  OSU is a team that was only 17-14 last year, but at home they were giant killers getting 15 of those 17 wins at Gill Coliseum including PAC-12 champ Arizona, UCLA, ASU and Stanford.  Even middle of the pack Power 5 Conference teams rarely lose at home, so expect another game where the calls go the other way and we are lucky to get 10 trips to the foul line.  This would be a big and IMHO an improbable win for the Crusaders but certainly not impossible.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

valpospartan

Quote from: agibson on November 23, 2015, 09:23:29 AM

Since this thread is about how to get the game I don't think it should be the game thread.

valpospartan

Cha
Quote from: agibson on November 23, 2015, 06:56:23 AM
Quote from: valpospartan on November 22, 2015, 09:52:04 PM

Is it possible to not get the channel but still have access to the stream? I assumed the two went together.

My investment from Oregon should carry over. 

I didn't love the FT camera for every shot, and the broadcast table was way too close to the student section. Otherwise, the call wasn't -too- home rush, and they were mostly respectful of Valpo (could finish middle of the pack in any conference in the country).

The streaming option was given if you don't have the Comcast sports package, so are unable to get Ch 419.