• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game 7: @ Oregon State 11/24

Started by justducky, November 24, 2015, 09:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hailcrusaders

I've seemed to notice over the last game and a half that our offense tends to score more when we go small because Vashil is in foul trouble.

It's not that he's so much of a liability on offense -- we've all seen he's come a long way -- I think our approach changes and we stop trying to hammer it inside or drive the basket.
#CrusadersForever

VULB#62

AP leads us in RB at the half with 8.  We lead going into the locker room.  Go Crusaders!

a3uge

Hammink is going to destroy in the Horizon. He almost murdered that guy on that charge. Need to keep it up and play good defense.

For those that are looking for a stream - try firstrowsports.eu.

VULB#62

Here's the bottom line. Do we come out of the locker room and step on their throat?  If I were in that room, I'd say absolutely. I am so psyched.

VUOR63

A is an absolute beast on the boards...watch the points roll in here in the 2nd half.

VULB#62

Good grief. The FTs are about even. What the hell????

a3uge

Valpo just has to avoid their stagnant offensive runs.

VULB#62

42-31 at 13:00. Step on their throats. Close this one out now,

govalpogo

Seems like a record number of charges in a game since the new arc was instituted.  Although video quality isn't enough to truly doubt the validity of any of these calls. 

VULB#62

Up by16. Please Bryce do not take the foot off the pedal.

VULB#62

On live stats it's all about PaytonII .  Shut him DOWN.

oklahomamick

Carter is 0-3 on free throws and missed a very important 1 and 1.  Needed it to stop a 7-0 run.
CRUSADERS!!!

oklahomamick

T.  Walker picked up his 4th foul  >:(  He's been our go to guy on offense.
CRUSADERS!!!

oklahomamick

Is there anyone else on their team besides Payton  II? 
CRUSADERS!!!

oklahomamick

1 minute left.  9 point advantage.  Please don't piss this one away.   :(
CRUSADERS!!!

govalpogo

I do NOT like the way we have been finishing this game.

hailcrusaders

Here's our scoring drought. 2 points in 5 min...
#CrusadersForever

VULB#62

A statement win over a previously  unbeaten BCS school.  no matter what the score at the end we WIN.

VUOR63

This OSU crowd is raucous...much louder than Eugene.  If they hold on here, this is tougher than any Horizon League road game.

oklahomamick

Quote from: VULB#62 on November 24, 2015, 09:55:05 PMA statement win over a previously  unbeaten BCS school.  no matter what the score at the end we WIN.

Not over yet.  We need to make ft's.  35 seconds left and up by 5. 
CRUSADERS!!!

VULB#62

a3uge

Does this count as beating a "BCS" team?

rink

Yikes the last two minutes.  Back to back turnovers, then 3-6 on freebies.  Good thing we had a nice ~12 point cushion to outlast that ugly stretch.

VULB#62

This is a statement performance. These players just showed all of us that they can look anyone In the face  (and blow by them)  :)

And they did it  in OSU's house.

govalpogo

Played not to lose at the end...and they didn't lose...but it made things way too interesting.  Didn't hit FT's at the end.  Still a lot to work on at the end of games.  OTHERWISE...

Nice win, dominant at many times, loved hearing "the shot" announcer say "Valparaiso" throughout the game, positive memories.