• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game 8 @ BallState 11/28

Started by VULB#62, November 24, 2015, 10:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

govalpogo

cagebanks

valpo04 edit: Inappropriate post.

a3uge

Valpofan00

atkins

Not even close to the "Number 1 Mid-Major."  Even if we win, this game is a disaster.  So many bailout fouls.  Our margin for error is razor thin if we want an at-large bid.  No excuse for this.

Valpofan00

historyman

Should have gotten Alec open for the three.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

truth219

Keith carter lost this game for us

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Valpofan00

ARCInsider

And cagebanks is banned in 3...2....1.....

historyman

Got to hand it to the Cardinals. They made the shots and FT and made the defensive plays to win this game.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

historyman

agibson

I wasn't really nervous until maybe five minutes left.  More likely two minutes left.

Alas.

Need a better play at the buzzer to get Alec a shot.

Alec and E Vic with huge games, stepping in with Tevonn down.

Maybe we couldn't afford to rest Tevonn here...

I certainly begin to appreciate why big teams don't like to play on the road.

truth219

The crusaders looked terrible today. Embarrassing really

historyman

Quote from: truth219 on November 28, 2015, 03:00:06 PM
Keith carter lost this game for us

What about the total lack of effort by Hammink?

hailcrusaders

Forget an at-large. Forget a single-digit seed in March. Tevonn had better have really been hurt if we didn't suit him up on the road against a team that always plays us tough. No Skara either. Is Lexus really that far off his game that he didn't see any playing time short handed as we were?

Too many missed layups, FTs.

I haven't been this mad after a game in years.
#CrusadersForever

HC

It's going to be tough to convince me that Joseph is a better option then Lexus.

truth219

He looked awful as well...Nobody looked like they gave a f@#@

agibson

It was probably already true.  But, Valpo's going to need some help to have any place in at-large discussions.

One or zero losses in the HL? I'm not going to so say "never" to an at-large.

With Valpo down 10 in the first half, Tevonn out, I thought it was a good chance for a learning experience.  Hopefully it still is.

Need to find a way to overcome adversity.  Need to find a way to get Alec a decent shot, or something easy (and not a deep three from Keith) at the buzzer.

atkins

Goodbye at-large bid.  Hello typical Valpo low seed (if we win the tourney).

We cannot afford to be schooled (and that is exactly what happened) by teams like Ball State.  Congrats to the Cardinals, clearly a much better team today.

agibson

Three minutes from David Skara. I didn't even see him.

Obviously Hammink far from his peak form.

valpotx

Darien Walker is so bad this year.  What did he do in the offseason to produce what he has done the first 8 games??  Keith Carter forced around 3 drives into 3 defenders, and tried to put up a shot that was subsequently blocked.  This isn't the end of the world, but all at-large talk can definitely die now.  Quit with the #1 mid-major talk, as I never bought into it anyways.  We are still a good mid-major team, but we have some guys on the team that lack basketball IQ at times.  I am very disappointed in Keith after this game, as he made a lot of dumb decisions.  We were down by 2 with 3 minutes left, and he decides to take on 3 guys in the middle of the lane?  Wow. We had many drives to the hoop that were very out of control and just trying to get a foul or put up a prayer.  Disappointing game overall, outside of Peters and E Vic.

I am sure that everyone got tired of hearing the announcers call us #22 over and over, as Ken Pomeroy is not an official ranking that is used other than for RPI-like purposes.  Time to rebound and win the rest of our OOC games.  If we win at Indiana State and Missouri State, I will feel better about our OOC record.  I am sure that a lot of people picked 6-2 for November, but who guessed that we would lose to lowly Ball State?

Also, the guy talking about Bryce boozing it up is an absolute moron...
"Don't mess with Texas"

agibson

Luke Gore, "Defensively I thought it was one of the worst games we've played in a couple of years."

Blames Valpo defense, not home cooking from the refs, for the Ball State free throws.

(I think he's being a little modest there... Valpo surely earned a few more trips to the line.)

Luke thinks Tevonn will be back Thursday, but not sure.  But, says the team has/had plenty of depth.  Needed to step in and play, didn't do that.

agibson

Quote from: valpotx on November 28, 2015, 03:09:42 PMI am sure that everyone got tired of hearing the announcers call us #22 over and over, as Ken Pomeroy is not an official ranking that is used other than for RPI-like purposes. 

They were pretty clear that it was Pomeroy.  But, yeah, over and over again.

Surprised they didn't play up "receiving votes" more - only saw it in a graphic at the end.

But, clearly a highlight of the season for Ball State.  Announcers saying best win in a decade, etc.

valpotx

This wasn't on the refs.  They called it even for both teams.  I think that we got bailed out just as much as they did.  This came down to not rotating quickly enough on defense, and too many bad drives/finishes at the basket.
"Don't mess with Texas"