• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Ryan Broekhoff and Australia Olympic Basketball

Started by vu84v2, August 06, 2016, 02:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wh

koala

Hi all, I am still here never far away.   Thank you for your kind words about Ryan, it is much appreciated.   It certainly was an experience in Rio and something we won't ever forget.   To lose a bronze medal over some dubious call was gut wrenching.   Really sad for a game to be decided by the ref and not the two teams on the court.   If I could have gotten my hands on that ref 😡   But we are so proud of Ryan and the team, to beat teams that no one gave us any chance of beating was fantastic.   As for Rio we really enjoyed it here, people were very friendly, we never felt unsafe and no Mosquitos.   Just a shame not more people working at the venues or bus stations spoke English, disappointed in the sly taxi drivers ripping you off, traffic management wasn't that great but overall a great experience.   You know what I am sure Rowdy would love to share his experiences, no one has ever asked him too?   Good luck in the upcoming season, we will be watching from afar  :thumbsup:

ValpoDad89

koala, I saw and watched that Bronze medal game and am with you, it was taken from Australia. I can only encourage you to ask or even on your behalf share Rowdie's thoughts. It would be so enlightening to the board if he or you could. Thanks for sharing your experience in RIO whether good or bad. The crazy thing is Chicago was a finalist for those Olympics and imagine the outpouring Rowdie and the Roos would've had playing in his collegiate city. As far as I'm concerned Valpo is an extension of Chicago.