• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

2014-15 HL Tournament Thread

Started by wh, March 03, 2015, 05:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VUfan

Quote from: vu84v2 on March 09, 2015, 02:44:49 PM
I looked at the video on Peters' move. Honestly, it looks like three steps to me.
Na It Was A hop, Skip and a Jump   ;D

justducky

Quote from: justducky on March 09, 2015, 02:12:48 PMWill the Tuesday editions of the Times and Post Trib include in their Calendar TODAY'S TV/RADIO HIGHLIGHTS  College Basketball Tournaments -game listings sections that the Horizon Mens BB Title will be on ESPN at 6:00?
Yes!   :o  :thumbsup: Unlike Saturday we have been included as a televised basketball choice for tonights viewing! May wonders never cease!!

Quote from: Valpo89 on March 09, 2015, 02:19:48 PMI'm going to go out on a limb and say yes, it will be listed in the Sports on TV listings in The Times on page 2 of the sports section. I'm sure the TV/radio will also be listed in the pre-game capsule that will be contributed by Paul Oren. I'd also say that 9 of 10 times that VU has been on TV this season, it has been listed in the Times sports section in at least one format. I can only say with regard to ESPNU, maybe some papers don't list all the sports on all the "fringe" channels because not everyone gets them. Just a theory.
Not sure if your theory was correct but perhaps somebody would know. Do Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports 2, BTN, CSN+HD, CSN, NBCSN, and WCIU-DT all reach a greater number of homes than ESPNU? All of those had listed Saturday sports broadcasts while the Horizon League action on ESPNU was omitted. On todays listings both the Women: Summit at 1:00 and West Coast at 3:00 title games are included.

Kyle321n

Quote from: justducky on March 10, 2015, 03:22:29 PM
Quote from: justducky on March 09, 2015, 02:12:48 PMWill the Tuesday editions of the Times and Post Trib include in their Calendar TODAY'S TV/RADIO HIGHLIGHTS  College Basketball Tournaments -game listings sections that the Horizon Mens BB Title will be on ESPN at 6:00?
Yes!   :o  :thumbsup: Unlike Saturday we have been included as a televised basketball choice for tonights viewing! May wonders never cease!!

Quote from: Valpo89 on March 09, 2015, 02:19:48 PMI'm going to go out on a limb and say yes, it will be listed in the Sports on TV listings in The Times on page 2 of the sports section. I'm sure the TV/radio will also be listed in the pre-game capsule that will be contributed by Paul Oren. I'd also say that 9 of 10 times that VU has been on TV this season, it has been listed in the Times sports section in at least one format. I can only say with regard to ESPNU, maybe some papers don't list all the sports on all the "fringe" channels because not everyone gets them. Just a theory.
Not sure if your theory was correct but perhaps somebody would know. Do Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports 2, BTN, CSN+HD, CSN, NBCSN, and WCIU-DT all reach a greater number of homes than ESPNU? All of those had listed Saturday sports broadcasts while the Horizon League action on ESPNU was omitted. On todays listings both the Women: Summit at 1:00 and West Coast at 3:00 title games are included.

I'm not sure where to find it, but I'm sure there's somewhere you could look to see what the broadcast numbers were for all of those stations at 8:00 PM CST on Saturday night.
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

vu72

Just check ESPN and saw that we are a 4.5 point favorite.  Also looked at the stats and saw we average 1 point per game more than GB, they average 2 more assts per game and 1 less turnover, while we shoot 46.1 overall to their 46.6, but we shoot3.1% better from the foul line and 7.7% better from the 3.  So, could it be a foul shooting or 3 point shooting contest? 
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015