• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

ESPN bracketology

Started by oklahomamick, February 02, 2015, 08:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

agibson

Goodman had us as a 12.  My reaction was similar (nice to be mentioned... but just a 12?).  (But, OK, if someone had to guess today. Particularly an outsider, a 12 is probably a pretty good guess.)

[tweet]585435072184057856[/tweet]

a3uge

I presume we'll be a 3 or 4 seed after going undefeated.

agibson

Quote from: a3uge on April 07, 2015, 04:43:17 PM

What'd Princeton draw?  An 8 or a 9, to play Green Bay?

a3uge

Quote from: agibson on April 07, 2015, 04:51:09 PM
Quote from: a3uge on April 07, 2015, 04:43:17 PM

What'd Princeton draw?  An 8 or a 9, to play Green Bay?

I was talking about Volleyball not basketball.

StlVUFan

Quote from: valpo84 on April 07, 2015, 03:10:37 PMAt this way too early juncture, the key is that he has us slated to win our conference. Pronunciations, places and opponents are for another day.
At this too early juncture, the key is LET ME ENJOY REFLECTING ON 2014-2015 AND WATCH MY WHITE SOX WIN THE WORLD SERIES BEFORE SHOVING 2015-2016 DOWN MY THROAT.

:banghead: :rant:

But seriously folks, all I really mean to convey is that I just don't understand why bracketology has to be a year-round thing and start up as soon as "One Shining Moment" hits its final measure and fades off into the sunset.  Why doesn't the college basketball world want to let the current season breath for awhile before getting right back on the same treadmill all over again.  It's a free country, don't get me wrong.  I just don't get it anymore ;)  8-) :deadhorse:

Then again, I don't get bracketology, period, so just ignore me ;)

valpopal

Quote from: chipper955 on April 07, 2015, 07:00:32 PM
Valpo opens as 300-1 odds to win the national championship next year.  Easy money.

http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/12639147/kentucky-wildcats-north-carolina-tar-heels-open-las-vegas-favorites-2016-national-championship

If we use the odds list as a guide, then Valpo begins this very early projection tied for #55 in the 2015-2016 rankings.

valpo84

"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

StlVUFan

Quote from: valpo84 on April 08, 2015, 08:23:55 AM
Too early STL? Even the team is looking forward to 2015-16!!  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ3uyX15ESg&feature=youtu.be
"An error occurred.  Please try again later."

agibson

StlVUFan

It was probably a firewall issue since I was trying to get to it from my work computer.

That's not what I was talking about anyway ;)  Bracketology and predictions is worlds apart from student athletes looking forward to competing again next year.

bbtds

Quote from: StlVUFan on April 08, 2015, 06:51:17 PM
Quote from: valpo84 on April 08, 2015, 08:23:55 AM
Too early STL? Even the team is looking forward to 2015-16!!  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ3uyX15ESg&feature=youtu.be
"An error occurred.  Please try again later."

And here I thought you were sly like a mink.  ::)

agibson

Probably this was mentioned somewhere.  But, I figured I'd file it away for March.  Lunardi, pre-season, had us as an 11 seed.  Not sure if he does the pre-season seriously (imagining what quality wins people will garner, etc.), or not.

Actually, looks like he had two pre-season brackets.  August 5 (pre-Vashil? or who knows what changed) a 13 seed.  November 11, an 11 seed.  He has the at-large play-ins 12-12 and 11-11 (and neither us).

Never too early to dream, right? But, I can't bear to start a new thread in November.

a3uge

Quote from: agibson on November 17, 2015, 04:21:14 PM
Probably this was mentioned somewhere.  But, I figured I'd file it away for March.  Lunardi, pre-season, had us as an 11 seed.  Not sure if he does the pre-season seriously (imagining what quality wins people will garner, etc.), or not.

Actually, looks like he had two pre-season brackets.  August 5 (pre-Vashil? or who knows what changed) a 13 seed.  November 11, an 11 seed.  He has the at-large play-ins 12-12 and 11-11 (and neither us).

Never too early to dream, right? But, I can't bear to start a new thread in November.

You won't find too many brackets predicting us to lose the conference tournament (the only way we'd end up with a play-in game like that).

justducky

With a split in Oregon our at-large hopes should be very solid and as low as a 7 or 8 seed could be achievable. I am still counting on dropping 2 (maybe even 3) HL games either in or outside the tournament. Of course a new rash of injuries might drop us out of all contention. That is what the fickle finger of fate can do.