• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Thank You

Started by VUOR63, March 31, 2016, 10:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VUOR63

I'd like to reach out and thank all of you for the existence of this message board.

In the NIT final tonight, it looked like the Crusaders were feeling the intensity put out on Tuesday night against BYU as most of their shots were missing short and the feet weren't moving quickly enough on defense.   However, in retrospect, following this team all season has been one of the more enjoyable fan experiences I've had.  It seems that all of the players had a role on the team and fulfilled it to the best of their ability.  The offense usually had some rhythm and despite the occasional complaints on this board, the coaching was/is high caliber.

As an alum living in the Portland, OR area, there's not many colleagues who are geographically close who share my affinity for Valpo.  So finding an outlet such as this board was great—even though I don't know any of you personally.

I'm not much of an off season/recruiting nut—but will return when November rolls around to partake in the fun that is the basketball message board.  All the best to everyone and remember that every day is a great day to be a Crusader!

valpotx

Very well said.  You should look into any alumni groups in your area.  I thought that I was pretty much alone in DFW, but found out a few years back through our DFW Valpo Club, that there are several hundred in my area.
"Don't mess with Texas"

ValpoHoops

I once flew to Europe out of O'Hare. On my flight over (to Heathrow) I happened to be seated next to a Valpo alum from Oregon.

On my way home, I had a Valpo basketball t-shirt on in waiting for my connection at Heathrow. A gentleman walked up to me and asked where I had gotten the shirt, and I explained that I was a student and my connections to the basketball teams and athletic department. He then let me know that he was related to the Drew family through marriage.

It's a small world, and there are a lot of us out there...