• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Lexus Williams Transferring

Started by VU2014, March 22, 2017, 04:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M

I was referring to the expectations for the conference not just Valpo.

crusadermoe

Does Micah really have a ceiling that much higher than Lexus?  He had a nice looking 3-point shot.  But needs a lot of strength.

If so, glad for Lexus that he will get a wide choice of places to transfer.  Great kid it seems. Hope he finds another "fit" near home, just not UIC.   

usc4valpo

I also hope Lexus finds a university with a solid graduate program for his studies. He represented Valpo well.

Chairback

Quote from: crusadermoe on March 26, 2017, 09:00:50 AMDoes Micah really have a ceiling that much higher than Lexus?

I don't think so.  I view Micah as 65% version of Jay Harris. 

VU2014

Blows my my mind how down some people can be on a freshman. Not every freshman is a finished product and is going to give much of an impact in their freshman year.

Really? Already talking transferring? Really?

a3uge

Quote from: VU2014 on March 26, 2017, 01:09:26 PM
Blows my my mind how down some people can be on a freshman. Not every freshman is a finished product and is going to give much of an impact in their freshman year.

Really? Already talking transferring? Really?
Well, his PER of 3.6 is the worst for a regular Valpo player since Cameron Witt in 2009.

VU2014

FRESHMAN

Nobody is saying he'll be Kay Felder or anything but let's not forget it was his first year and cut him some slack before we start talking about transferring.

Some mighty high expectations around here for what they expect from first year players...

a3uge

Quote from: VU2014 on March 26, 2017, 01:54:16 PM
FRESHMAN

Nobody is saying he'll be Kay Felder or anything but let's not forget it was his first year and cut him some slack before we start talking about transferring.

Some mighty high expectations around here for what they expect from first year players...

I think a PER above 5 is a reasonable expectation for a freshman that was signed to play significant minutes.

Did anyone even mention Micah transferring?

valpolaw

Wish Lexus the best.

As to the Micah conversation, there's nothing wrong with us having high/higher expectations for a freshman. This isn't high school anymore. You either step up or get replaced and don't play.

usc4valpo

If you want to talk about a letdown, let's bring up Derrik Smits.

vu72

Quote from: usc4valpo on March 26, 2017, 03:52:10 PM
If you want to talk about a letdown, let's bring up Derrick Smits.

PLEASE, NO "C",     :o
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

valpotx

Sad to see him leave, but I am glad that he is a Valpo alumni, and hope that he finds another solid mid-major to contribute to next season.  I don't see him getting minutes for a Power 5, so his transfer will probably be lateral in program stature.  The writing was on the wall that either Micah, Max, or Lexus would have to leave, as Bakari is going to take a lot of minutes.
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpotx

He would probably be an option off the bench if he went to Wisconsin or Mississippi State.
"Don't mess with Texas"

oklahomamick

Didn't realize how instrumental Lexus was to helping bring the best recruiting class to Valpo.  Powell brought some good Chicago players into the program.

I hope and could see Lexus being on the VU coaching staff one day. 
CRUSADERS!!!

VULB#62

Hope he can find a landing spot where he would, at the very least, be the #1 option off the bench.  Good luck, Lexus!

bbtds

I had been thinking that Lexus was going to transfer down to a lower Div.1 or even a good Div. 2 to get more playing time. How will playing for Wisconsin help him and the Badgers?

VULB#62

Which level would be most helpful in getting a European contract?  Is he good enough for that?

valpo4life

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't former UIC head coach Howard Moore an assistant at Wisconsin? He would have been at UIC when Lexus played great as a freshman and knows what kind of energy he can bring.

valpotx

I hope that he doesn't go to a Power 5 school.  He won't play...
"Don't mess with Texas"

VULB#62

Latest from Mike Osipoff....

[tweet]860182597586079745[/tweet]

Now looking at NM State -- that's a long way from Chicagoland. I hope he finds a mid-west D-I landing spot so his folks can see him play a lot.  (Blasphemy Alert)  Do you think if we leave the HL, that he might widen his transfer options to include an HL school? UWGB just lost Trevor Anderson to the Badgers.

VULB#62

NMSU follow-up.....

[tweet]861690638311534592[/tweet]

valpotx

I hope that he goes to NMSU.  It will be better for him, as he can probably play significant minutes for them.
"Don't mess with Texas"