• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

kevin van wijk...if you find him...he will score

Started by truth219, January 18, 2013, 12:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

truth219

He has such good hands. He handles the pass and puts it back so fast. He deserves some praise after last night.

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpotx

It seems like he only struggles on his lay-ups when he puts the ball below his waist and hesitates.  If he turns around right away and puts it up, it will go in every time.  This is the same for our guys when they don't shoot almost immediately when they get the ball at the 3 point line.  If they dribble, then realize they are open, we are screwed, except for Rowdy who can hit any shot at any time.  It's weird watching some of our games, in that we don't seem to realize how wide open we are as soon as we get the ball, only noticing 1 second too late and having to drive after that point. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

talksalot

I liked the Intro to the Bracketbuster show last night... Bryce Yelling, Rowdie Dunking and KVW with that monster block... all in about 30 seconds of snippets by ESPN.   I wonder if they archived that show?

bbtds

Quote from: talksalot on February 05, 2013, 08:05:11 AM
I liked the Intro to the Bracketbuster show last night... Bryce Yelling, Rowdie Dunking and KVW with that monster block... all in about 30 seconds of snippets by ESPN.   I wonder if they archived that show?
http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index#

Click on "Replay" tab and then drop down menu where it days "SPORTS AND SHOWS" and click on "college studio."

HC

I think KVW only has problems when he gets a clean chance at a lay in.  He seems to thrive on contact.  I love it!