• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

HL Tourney

Started by oklahomamick, February 20, 2013, 11:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vu72

Just checked tickets and by way of a quick estimate I'd say about 1200 seats available. CC is almost filled with the top 5 rows left with about the same available in BB and DD.
However, AA and EE have lots of room.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

agibson

Quote from: Smj on March 10, 2013, 09:10:33 PM
Quote from: FWalum on March 10, 2013, 08:58:23 PM
I have a little bone to pick with the league or whomever is responsible.  Why is it the we sometimes get access to postgame news conferences and other time we don't.(most often it falls into the "don't" category)  I am sure that all of them are recorded so why not give us access?  I really enjoy hearing the coaches' and player's responses to the media questions.  In my opinion this would really round out the fan's media experience and allow them to "bond" more closely to each team's players and maybe even the coaching staff.  Would have loved to see the press conferences after both the WSU UDM and the UWGB VU games.

Totally agree!!!    I look after every game.   This game would be great to see the post game....

The NWI Times has them up for Friday's quarter-finals
http://www.nwitimes.com/digital/video/

But I haven't seen anything anywhere for the semi-finals.

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: detroit on March 11, 2013, 12:28:52 PMwe have a Raider fan defending to a Detroit fan on a Valpo fan board why they should like the Raiders.

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

WSU85

I wish the Horizon League would find someway to have the championship game on Saturday or Sunday. If the tourney was Thurs thru Sun I would have been there for the whole thing, and I am sure most people can't go out of town on Tues at the last minute.  It would be a great weekend get away no matter where the tourney was held. And by the way Wright State Proboards is a much more active board

HC

Our team is more active in the win column. Who really cares who Detroit fans cheer for...I like that they won't be at our game at all.

a3uge

Quote from: WSU85 on March 11, 2013, 05:30:36 PM
I wish the Horizon League would find someway to have the championship game on Saturday or Sunday. If the tourney was Thurs thru Sun I would have been there for the whole thing, and I am sure most people can't go out of town on Tues at the last minute.  It would be a great weekend get away no matter where the tourney was held. And by the way Wright State Proboards is a much more active board

Since Valpo is always on a 2-week spring break during the tourney, it would be better for Valpo if they hosted it on a weekend instead of a weekday. Then at least you could maybe catch a tail end or beginning of the spring break.

truth219

On break or not the same amount of students would be there, considering their reagular season turn out

a3uge

Quote from: truth219 on March 11, 2013, 06:20:18 PM
On break or not the same amount of students would be there, considering their reagular season turn out

Really?

truth219

How many times on this board has the poor student turn out been talked about....

a3uge

Quote from: truth219 on March 11, 2013, 06:36:17 PM
How many times on this board has the poor student turn out been talked about....

On big weekend games,  name one time there has EVER been a problem with student section turnout.

truth219

bbtds

Quote from: justducky on March 11, 2013, 01:07:01 PM
Quote from: ncatprof on March 11, 2013, 12:41:04 PM
Just chiming in now and then since there's not much activity on RaiderRoundball -- I also appreciate the fact that there's not much smack talk over here!  Seriously -- looking forward to a good game tomorrow, and there's (obviously) no doubt I'll be rooting for an underdog...again.
In order to get Raider fans up here by the busload so that the ARC will be filled to capacity I think somebody from here needs to log in at RaiderRoundBall and say something that is deliberately stupid, inflammatory, and insulting. Where did SadersofthelostARC go? I think we have a job for him. ;)

He could talk about Donlon's awful fashion sense. :o    :-*

a3uge

Quote from: truth219 on March 11, 2013, 06:41:03 PM
Bracketbuster

Well clearly you can't tell the difference between a big game and a meaningless bracketbuster vs Eastern Freakin Kentucky. Don't get me wrong, I'm disappointed by low student section turnout in these games too, but if you actually don't think the student section would be full for the Horizon League Championship, then your brain has been completely taken over by your extreme cynicism. You probably have some weird lame excuse as to why the Detroit game this year brought a bunch of students and will never be replicated again. Heck, the Wright Sate game the first time around was packed, but a championship game with the students actually on campus would mean somehow a lower turnout equal to a weekday conference game vs Cleveland State.

truth219

You probably have some lame excuse why the students didn't turn out for senior night

vuweathernerd

Quote from: truth219 on March 11, 2013, 07:21:11 PM
You probably have some lame excuse why the students didn't turn out for senior night

you mean besides the fact that it was the tuesday night right before spring break - the most notorious week of papers/exams/midterms of the entire year?

a3uge

Quote from: truth219 on March 11, 2013, 07:21:11 PM

Quote from: a3uge
Since Valpo is always on a 2-week spring break during the tourney, it would be better for Valpo if they hosted it on a weekend instead of a weekday. Then at least you could maybe catch a tail end or beginning of the spring break.

Quote from: truth219

You literally said the same amount of students would come to a weekend Horizon League Championship game if Valpo had a break or not. Instead of addressing your asinine comment, you bring up a conference game last month. I'm not talking about a conference game in February. I'm talking about a potential weekend Horizon League Championship game with students on the beginning/tail end of a spring break. That was my post agreeing with the CSU fan for moving the tourney to a weekend format. This is what we were discussing. Not the student section turnout for a Tuesday conference game. I hope that is spelled out enough for you. If it isn't, I'm not going to explain any further because your depressing cynicism will end up rubbing off on me and cause me to throw myself into a deep rocky chasm.

truth219

I think if students didn't care to come out on senior night/clinching the conferance...they wouldn't come out tomorrow

a3uge

Quote from: truth219 on March 11, 2013, 07:44:04 PM
I think if students didn't care to come out on senior night/clinching the conferance...they wouldn't come out tomorrow

Lol

bbtds

You have to admit you were wrong. They will fill the allotted Valpo student section.

Be a mensch!

talksalot

At the Monday night Valparaiso City Council Meeting, Mayor Costas declared Tuesday March 12th Valparaiso University Crusaders Day and urged all citizens to come out and support the team as they go for the NCAA tournament.

grad66

Now there's some help in the "marketing area", that didn't cost much.  Maybe an easy phone call, from someones office to the Mayor's office? :thumbsup:
As we used to say in VU philosophy logic class, "TRUTH is stranger than fiction....."  Amen. 8)

talksalot

Nope... I asked him... the Mayor, a season ticket holder, was at the game Saturday night is a true VU basketball fan (he is a VU Law Alum).   

agibson

valpo4life

Haha wow you literally have no clue...But on the brighter side of things, just checked out the ticket situation and the middle upper sections are very close to sold out. Despite you blasting attendance at games, this one will be a packed house. GuaranSHEED.

wh

Quote from: vu72 on March 11, 2013, 01:44:47 PM
Just checked tickets and by way of a quick estimate I'd say about 1200 seats available. CC is almost filled with the top 5 rows left with about the same available in BB and DD.
However, AA and EE have lots of room.

640 seats now available.  Some strong a.m. sales and a decent walk-up and we're at capacity.