• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Women's Team

Started by IndyValpo, November 15, 2013, 12:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vu72

Interesting to see that Wright State dethroned Green Bay to advance to the NCAAs.  Congratulations to them and to their asst coach, Keith Freeman.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

jack

Quote from: FWalum on March 17, 2014, 12:40:42 PM
Quote from: jack on March 17, 2014, 12:04:55 PMI've heard some grumblings, but nothing solid, or verifiable.
Jack, grumblings would suggest bad things, I hope that is not the case.

I guess I should have said "rumblings", but then, based on ones' perspective, grumblings could still work.

jack

Quote from: vu72 on March 17, 2014, 01:27:46 PM
Interesting to see that Wright State dethroned Green Bay to advance to the NCAAs.  Congratulations to them and to their asst coach, Keith Freeman.

This doesn't surprise me. I felt that Wright State was the better team. We played GB tight the first match up, and if Carr could have gotten some help the second time, it could have been a different outcome. Congrats Wright State, and coach Freeman. he deserved some success to come his way.

valpotx

No small feat when GB has taken 12 out of the last 17 NCAA bids from the HL
"Don't mess with Texas"

bbtds

Wright State beat Green Bay 88-69 so it was a pretty convincing win on Green Bay's home court.

What a disappointing HL tourney run for both Green Bay basketball teams.

jack

Quote from: jack on March 17, 2014, 01:33:41 PM
Quote from: jack on March 17, 2014, 12:04:55 PMI've heard some grumblings, but nothing solid, or verifiable.

I guess I should have said "rumblings", but then, based on ones' perspective, grumblings could still work.

I guess this is where you can decide if it's a "rumbling" or a "grumbling"
I notice on the site today that Coach Helm's name has been removed from the list of coaches. Anyone know anything about this?

jack

Quote from: jack on March 19, 2014, 03:23:31 PM
Quote from: jack on March 17, 2014, 01:33:41 PM

And then........Crickets!
I guess either mum's the word, or no one in the know is talking.
I guess this is where you can decide if it's a "rumbling" or a "grumbling"
I notice on the site today that Coach Helm's name has been removed from the list of coaches. Anyone know anything about this?

Pgmado

Yes, Helm has been fired. School isn't saying anything official.

LaPorteAveApostle

...saying anything official YET or EVER?
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

Pgmado

Who knows. The current regime doesn't do a lot of "PR" stuff. Very insular. 

jack

Quote from: Pgmado on March 21, 2014, 06:42:08 PM
Yes, Helm has been fired. School isn't saying anything official.
In my opinion, this was a huge mistake. Not only did Helm have a great relationship with these players he also has the most basketball knowledge of anyone on that staff.
My guess is, with the lousy season they had, someone needed to be the sacrificial lamb, and Helm was the last hold over from the Freeman regime.  Personally, I think the wrong choice was made. We shall see.  If I were a bettor, I'd say this isn't a popular decision with the players, and others.

valpopal

[tweet]465933961202393088[/tweet]

valpotx

This next season will determine a lot in regards to whether she is the HC of the future.  Here's hoping that we have some great incoming recruits, and that our underclassmen develop A LOT in the offseason!
"Don't mess with Texas"

ARCInsider

Justin will be a tremendous addition to the staff, especially in terms of recruiting.  This guy is special and really is the piece the staff has been missing (no offense to Helm...he's a super guy).

IndyValpo

Quote from: jack on March 17, 2014, 12:04:55 PMIt'll be interesting to see what's in the works for next year. I've heard some grumblings, but nothing solid, or verifiable.

I have seen nothing as of yet, are we expecting everyone back?  Will Faith Miller get a scholarship?

valpopal

Not official yet, but a third Hamlet sister, Meredith, committed to Valpo today. She is a 2015 recruit:

"It's safe to say that McBain junior guard Meredith Hamlet was destined to be a standout basketball player. Older sisters Elizabeth and Annemarie both starred for McBain in their time as Lady Ramblers and now, Meredith is taking her turn, having scored over 1000 career points and this year averaged 21.3 points, 8.2 rebounds and 6.8 assists a game and now has been named the  Marion Press Girls' Basketball Player of the Year...."

Here is the rest of the article.

http://www.marion-press.com/2014/03/mcbains-hamlet-is-presss-player-of-the-year/

valpotx

Hopefully she can help us turn the program around, as we definitely need some scorers!
"Don't mess with Texas"

LaPorteAveApostle

we now have a village of hamlets
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

IndyValpo

The 14-15 roster is out, only Issacs plus track walk-on Taylor are not listed.  All others plus 4 recruits appear to be in.

VULB#62

13 players: 10 guards and 3 forwards

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: VULB#62 on July 03, 2014, 09:19:16 AM13 players: 10 guards and 3 forwards
and we thought the men's team was too guard heavy

valpotx

I believe that 3 Forwards are better than what we played with last season!
"Don't mess with Texas"

LaPorteAveApostle

that's awfully forward of you.

maybe if we had taller women, clay yeo would still be a crusader today ;)

bbtds

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on July 03, 2014, 01:36:05 PM
that's awfully forward of you.

maybe if we had taller women, clay yeo would still be a crusader today ;)

Maybe if Clay was better looking he would be the "center" of attention of the women's team.   ::)

LaPorteAveApostle

not to steal Tex's line in advance (ok, it is), but there's always the volleyball team.