• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo at Wright St--2/25/14--Tuesday--6:00 p.m.--game thread

Started by historyman, February 22, 2014, 05:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

historyman

Let's bring it to the Raiders and squash their Nutter Center hopes.

Valpo       74
Wright St  70
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

justducky

A very big and extremely difficult game tomorrow and nobody seems to want to talk about it.  ???

The same game plan we used in Jan didn't work then and has even less of a chance of working now. I am expecting to see a lot of new wrinkles designed to give us some high percentage 2 point shots which may then open up some inside out 3 point looks. If we can hold our turnovers under 14 and take good shots we should be able to make it a contest. This could be as big a test of our coaching staff as it will be of our team development. On the other hand will Bryce try to keep some new looks under wraps for the HL tournament?

HC

I will go out on a limb and say we blow the out of their own gym, yes my dislike for WSU may have played a part in this prediction. I don't think Pacher can do us over again, man I don't like that guy. I will say 77-60. My wife says Valpo 73-68.

classof2014

I really do think we will have a good showing in this one. I really don't think they'll be able to control us under the rim again. Vashil has been playing much better and should give Pacher tons of problems. If we can force them to shoot threes I like our chances. Also LVD probably had his worst game of the season in the first meeting and Alec as well had an awful game.

I think we win this one, Us 75, them 68.

gamelord

This game has me so nervous. Unfortunately I think we lose a low scoring heartbreaker 61-59. Hope the team proves me wrong.

vu72

This will be a very difficult win for us.  First, they are celebrating Senior Night for five guys--kind of like our team from last year.  Next, they are at home before a big crowd. Then they have as much to play for as we do.  I see a tight game going their way, 59-55.  :(
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

SanityLost17

I do not think we can win this game unless Moussa, Vashil, and Capo can turn the 5 position into SCORING position.  They put a lot of pressure on the guards, so we can't win without it.  If they have not learned to post up in the last 3 days, they better get a bunch of offensive rebounds for put backs. 

oklahomamick

Results from this game depends on the ref's calling the hand checks and blocks on the perimeter.  WSU has guards that will try and force turnovers and contest 3 point shots.  These guards will do do this for the entire game and even defend several feet out from the arch.

Solutions:   to WSU defense would be to establish a post game and try to spread them out. 

Prediction:  We know we have to win this, VU will get it done.

Questions:  Lots of games yet to be played that will settle this question.  If we lose, the highest seed we will receive is a 4 and guaranteed host 1st round?  GB, CSU, WSU will finish ahead of us with no potential of Milwaukee, YSU, Oakland or Detroit finishing above us.   
CRUSADERS!!!

Goraiders93

Looking forward to tonight!! A little nervous but excited. I think Jerran Young's ability to penetrate and help defend down low with his current shoulder pains will dictate how this game goes unless WSU guards are shooting lights out from the perimeter.

Goraiders93

Quote from: HC on February 24, 2014, 08:09:25 PM
I will go out on a limb and say we blow the out of their own gym, yes my dislike for WSU may have played a part in this prediction.

Why the dislike for WSU? I thought we were all friends?!  ;D

HC

LOL, I can't put my finger on my dislike of your team.  Somethings just rub me the wrong the way for no good reason I guess!  I think it's mostly your coach and his mannerisms (which I'm sure Bryce does some of the same things, but that doesn't count).  :thumbsup:

wh

The only issue I have with WSU is the inexplicably weak OOC schedule that your staff put together.  But that's old news at this point. Other than that I have a high regard for your program.

Goraiders93

I love you guys! I'm fond of neither our coach nor our schedule!! Love the program and my school though!

vu72

Quote from: Goraiders93 on February 25, 2014, 02:16:14 PM
I love you guys! I'm fond of neither our coach nor our schedule!! Love the program and my school though!

Do you expect a rebuilding year next year with the departure of five seniors?
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

a3uge

I think if the Horizon League refs think they're B1G TEN refs, we're going to lose. Too much shoving, grabbing, hand checks, physical play for our big men and guards to handle. If we get to use our size and they call contact on our big men/penetrators, we will win this game. We always get a quick whistle from the tube men arms swinging wildly and in return never get down low contact called because of the size mismatch.

chef

Two of the three officials tonight are Big10 refs so..... :(

vu72

The line opened with us as a 5 point dog, now down to 3.

valpo04

a3uge

This game is an absolute travesty. We better start flopping and flailing all over the place. It didn't work against power-houses like North Carolina A&T, but I guess with Horizon League refs they treat everyone like LeBron. The elbow from Clay and that last charge on Dority were some of the worst calls of the year. A charge this year when he never at any point had two feet on the ground at the same time? What a joke. These Horizon League games are just brutal to watch.

govalpogo

The boys haven't helped with some really boneheaded plays thus far.

HC

Some real dumb plays and they are letting WSU play physical on ball D, we better adjust or it's going to get ugly.

govalpogo

So...much...stupid in this first half.  deja vu from the last time out against WSU.

HC

Valpo can't make any worse decisions with the ball and we are only down 9. A decent 2nd half and we can win.

classof2014

Some really dumb plays but somehow we're only down 3 scores. If we can cut this to a 4 or 5 point lead before the first TV timeout, I like our chances. Need to quit the stupid turnovers and fouls.