• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Alec Peters

Started by wh, February 23, 2014, 06:30:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

wh

Peters and Felder averages for the 2 games each played this past week:

Felder:
8 PPG on 5-17 shooting (29%)
10 APG
4.5 TOPG

Peters:
10 PPG on 8-12 shooting (67%)
2.5 RPG
1 TOPG

HC

Is this a newcomer are or a freshman award, or is there 2 different awards?

zvillehaze

Quote from: wh on March 02, 2014, 11:37:50 AM
Quote from: HC on March 02, 2014, 09:41:17 AM
Is this a newcomer are or a freshman award, or is there 2 different awards?

I posted Peters and Felder's stats from last week relative to the Freshman of the Week competition.  The post season awards do not have "Freshman" anything.  Instead, they have an All Newcomer Team and Newcomer of the Year.  Last year's Newcomer of the Year Bryn Forbes happened by coincidence to be a Freshman, but the All Newcomer Team included 2 Juniors and a Senior.

http://www.horizonleague.org/blog/mccallum-leads-mens-basketball-award-winners.html

I believe that is changing this year.  That's why they've been giving "Freshman of the Week" awards this year instead of "Newcomer of the Week" like they have in prior years.

chef

The award is now All-Freshman team and Freshman of the year. Felder will likely win FOY. His numbers in league games have been really impressive. However, there's a good chance that Valpo will have three players on the all-freshman team.

classof2014

Felder
Alec
Jubril
Lexus
Jarod Williams

With Felder with FoY, I could see Anton Wilson replacing Jubril but I give the favor to Jubril.

chef

Wilson is a Sophomore...Grant is the other freshman for Detroit.