• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Cleveland St at Valpo--3/1/14--Saturday--3:00 p.m. CT--game thread

Started by historyman, February 25, 2014, 07:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaPorteAveApostle

Well, I suppose 2014 has a point:

--we are now on the opposite side of the bracket from the teams we never beat this year, and wouldn't meet either CSU or WSU before the title game.

--if the seeds hold, we will face two teams we swept (UIC and UWM) before facing GB, a team with whom we split.

Soooo...there's that.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

HC

No. I was joking with the way you started your post. Something about the game going on being over already (I think there was 10 minutes or so left). I don't care what anyone predicts nor who is closest to getting it right.

usc4valpo

I mentioned earlier that we can make the NCAA tournament and focus on that, but after losing at home on senior day I think I stand corrected.  These guys are underacieving - yes they are young, but they now have a full year of experience.

BTW - is Keith Carter a bust or is he playing hurt, or what?

agibson

Quote from: talksalot on March 01, 2014, 09:35:27 PM
I don't suppose anyone has any pictures of the halftime of today's game?... just asking...

The middle schoolers?

valpopal

I have uploaded a number of photos from the game at the following link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/96208998@N05/sets/72157641802634775/

Unfortunately, there weren't many highlights like the one below, but at least there were Senior Night photos as well.

agibson

As a slight positive note, I did enjoy watching Vashil rack up the steals.

Looks like he was credited with three.  Good for a career high.

In the turnover thread he has pretty good stats.  One of my season-long cringe moments is a too hot or too low pass going to the low post.  Are those TO's mostly credited to the person inserting the pass?

chef

This is a bit of a judgement call. If the pass goes to the post and the center lets it go right through his hand, then he'll usually get the turnover. If the pass is off the mark and the center can only get a finger tip on it, then the turnover will usually go to the passer.