• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

UIC at Valpo 1st Rd of HL Tourney, Tuesday Mar. 4 at 7 pm

Started by valpopal, March 02, 2014, 04:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HC

If the HL hears about this voting for someone not from GB it is sure to be struck down.

hckjag

Does anyone know if the game will be archived for later viewing on HLN?

StlVUFan

Quote from: talksalot on March 03, 2014, 01:10:21 PM
AND, the Public Address Announcer is permitted to handle this as a HOME GAME... Whoot Whoot!  HL.com game only, We will have lights-out for the anthem and standard game protocol.  and No new Stickers on the Gym Floor...
Interesting!  They changed the rule, eh?  Hope your counterpart at the O'Rena gets the memo.  He'll be happy to know he can do his schtick tomorrow.

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: Pgmado on March 03, 2014, 08:52:31 PMHaha. Never saw your post until now. Great minds think alike.
;)
always check here first peoples so you can save yourself some maths

Quote from: Goraiders93 on March 03, 2014, 09:17:15 PMbefore heading out to the ARC for the first round
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

Goraiders93

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on March 04, 2014, 04:59:51 AM
Quote from: Pgmado on March 03, 2014, 08:52:31 PMHaha. Never saw your post until now. Great minds think alike.
;)
always check here first peoples so you can save yourself some maths

Quote from: Goraiders93 on March 03, 2014, 09:17:15 PMbefore heading out to the ARC for the first round

Maybe a bit of both. ;)  Shouldn't be much of a contest at any rate.

vu72

Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

historyman

Quote from: vu72 on March 04, 2014, 09:42:55 AMGorches on the game: http://posttrib.suntimes.com/sports/25967918-556/gorches-valpos-tourney-success-hinges-on-turnovers.html
ob·vi·ous

ˈäbvēəs/

adjective

easily perceived or understood; clear, self-evident, or apparent.
"unemployment has been the most obvious cost of the recession"
synonyms:clear; plain; evident; apparent; manifest; patent; conspicuous; pronounced; transparent; palpable; prominent; marked; decided; distinct; noticeable; unmissable; perceptible; visible; discernible; Steve Gorches in Post Tribune with story "Valpo's tourney success hinges on turnovers"
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

Kyle321n

See I think Valpo's Tourney success hinges on their ability to score more than their opponents.  If they can do that they'll win the tourney and get a shiny 15 seed in the NCAAs
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

Dave_2010

In all truthfulness, I would be no more or less surprised if the Crusaders lost tonight or won the whole tournament. The blessing and curse of youth is that you have no idea what team will show up on any given night.

I'll take the Crusaders by double figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a3uge

Mousa's offensive foul at the end of the half might take the cake for worst call of the year.

govalpogo

I really enjoyed watching the first 18 minutes of this game!  #saysomethingnice

valpotx

Got closer than we would have liked with 8 minutes left, but a decent win.  They seemed to go back to the beginning of the year in regards to calling fouls on more of the points of emphasis that were supposed to last all year.  Did anyone notice how we had an open lane with 10 seconds left and pulled up?  Once again, we seem to be the ONLY program that doesn't take advantage of such a situation, as every other team seems to dunk it for emphasis.  I like our sportsmanship versus the other teams in the league.
"Don't mess with Texas"

oklahomamick

Could have used that point.  I took Valpo -10.5.  We won by 10.  Could have used that point.
CRUSADERS!!!

historyman

Quote from: oklahomamick on March 04, 2014, 09:35:47 PMCould have used that point.  I took Valpo -10.5.  We won by 10.  Could have used that point.
I do think I heard Lexus asking the bench what the point spread was just before his last free throw.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

valpotx

Was our attendance of 1,099 for this game the lowest in decades for a D-1 opponent?  I know that kids are on Spring Break, it was cold, and the game had to be arranged on a few days notice, but wow!
"Don't mess with Texas"

humbleopinion

Quote from: valpotx on March 05, 2014, 02:08:42 AM
Was our attendance of 1,099 for this game the lowest in decades for a D-1 opponent?  I know that kids are on Spring Break, it was cold, and the game had to be arranged on a few days notice, but wow!
It was also the first night of high school sectionals.
Beamin' Beacons

agibson

Probably season tickets didn't apply?  So the stated attendance may have been closer than usual to a "butts in seats" number.

I'll admit to watching from home - VU 's on spring break, but VHS isn't.  Finding a baby sitter seemed too daunting.

agibson

Quote from: valpotx on March 04, 2014, 09:14:22 PMDid anyone notice how we had an open lane with 10 seconds left and pulled up?  Once again, we seem to be the ONLY program that doesn't take advantage of such a situation, as every other team seems to dunk it for emphasis.  I like our sportsmanship versus the other teams in the league.

I can live with taking the last possession off.  It's turning the offense off for the last three, four, five minutes that worries me.

Maybe Bryce knows what he's doing here, but it sure feels like it cripples our offensive flow, and significantly damps point production.

gamelord

Quote from: valpotx on March 05, 2014, 02:08:42 AM

Wow indeed. It did look like there were a little bit more people there. I arrived super early, mainly so I could assure myself a parking spot in the small lot across from the ARC. What I didn't know was that from 5:30-6pm, I litterally was the only fan there lol.

gamelord

Does anybody know why Yeo wasn't in the game? He looked good during warm ups.

agibson

Quote from: gamelord on March 05, 2014, 08:39:41 AM
What I didn't know was that from 5:30-6pm, I litterally was the only fan there lol.

I suppose a fair number were at the pep rally... Was it in hilltop?

agibson

Quote from: gamelord on March 05, 2014, 08:41:48 AM
Does anybody know why Yeo wasn't in the game? He looked good during warm ups.

It was discussed on the air, maybe without every detail.  On the bench, but only to go in a real emergency ( maybe we were within 5 fouls or so?).  Very limited in practice for a while now, apparently.  Injury? illness?

chef

Has been sick...and not practicing. It's been a rough season for him with sickness and injuries.