• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Tailgating

Started by usc4valpo, September 06, 2014, 09:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

usc4valpo

What is the recent tailgating experience at beautiful Brown Field?  Any cars, vans, grilling, socializing?  Is Valpo still on the alert for any open containers of alcohol - where the campus police defend their existance? Just wondering.

There is nothing wrong with tailgating and you do not need to be a bigtime school to have a decent tailgating experience.   I am not talking about what happens in Madison or Ames where it can get out of control.    Ivy League schools bring out the wine and shrimp.  Drake tailgates well, they have fun before the game and has a team somewhat similar in quality to Valpo.  I just heard SFA is tailgating at 8AM for a 6:30PM game!!

Tailgating enhances the football experience, increases football enthusiasm at the school, and influences recruits when they visit campus.  Tailgating is an enabler to football program success, and Valpo needs to promote this.  I am sure Coach C would support this.

Even without alcohol, to get football and school spirit jumpstarted, do you think Valpo should consider a tailgate party for the students before the game?  Grill brats, hotdogs, burgers, pretzels etc, and have a beanbag toss, throw the football, good tunes, friends and all that fun stuff?  I think that would be a low cost fun and a positive experience for all. 

ballmom

Football parents always have a good tailgate. And they feed the boys afterwards. #GoValpo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbtds

Yes, usc, it gets pretty wild at Valpo.

Actually that is my backyard after the neighbor's cat jumped over the fence and my german shepherd went after it.

a3uge

Quote from: bbtds on September 06, 2014, 02:31:35 PM
Yes, usc, it gets pretty wild at Valpo.

Actually that is my backyard after the neighbor's cat jumped over the fence and my german shepherd went after it.

Looks like Soldier Field

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

usc4valpo

Hey, think of this as a great opportunity for some students to rack up some community service hours!!!

historyman

Quote from: usc4valpo on September 06, 2014, 04:36:58 PM
Hey, think of this as a great opportunity for some students to rack up some community service hours!!!

Many of those students wouldn't Stanford that. The Cardinal rule of cleaning up is to always beat US C onditions in sanitation.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

usc4valpo

cute words my friend.  this has been an interesting game at the Farm