• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Last years most effiecent player...

Started by sectionee, June 23, 2011, 07:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sectionee

Crusader03

Quote from: sectionee on June 23, 2011, 07:18:10 PM
Looked at the guys' statistics from last season and did a little number crunching.

http://sectionee.blogspot.com/2011/06/2010-2011s-most-effiecent-player.html

Interesting post ee...one thing that stood out to me was just how inefficient Buggs was last season.  I don't know just how much stock to put in those numbers, but he graded out far lower than the rest of the guys.  I certainly hope one of the new guys can play point and challenges Buggs for minutes.  He is a defensive stopper, but pretty woeful offensively.

valpofan56

I think ee is making a run at the least efficient speller on the board title  ;)

sectionee

I'm a math teacher not an English teacher!  :lol:

setshot

We did lose alot of talent and replacing them will be difficult. IMO.rookie coach Nep.O'Tism and the Drewsaders will lucky to finish 2 games over .500. Book it?

Crusader03

Quote from: setshot on June 24, 2011, 11:43:22 AM
We did lose alot of talent and replacing them will be difficult. IMO.rookie coach Nep.O'Tism and the Drewsaders will lucky to finish 2 games over .500. Book it?

English, please  :)

StlVUFan

JJ?  Is that you?

sectionee

I punched in the numbers for the players that were All Horizon League 1st and 2nd teamers just to compare with what the VU roster showed.  Here are the results, http://sectionee.blogspot.com/2011/06/all-horizon-league-efficiency.html.

Crusader03

Two things stand out to me---first, based on these numbers, Cory was good enough to be an All-HL selection ahead of several guys.  Second, Holman is both underused and underrated.  I would disagree that he will end up as Conference Player of the Year, though...I just don't see Coach MacCallum allowing him to be the focal point of that team, not with his son ready to emerge as a bigger star.  I would not be surprised to see him be a first team all-conference selection, though.

covufan

Quote from: StlVUFan on June 24, 2011, 04:20:04 PM

JJ?  Is that you?

Yes, that is jj from the old board. 

hoopfan22

I don't put too much stock in these numbers.

sectionee

:thumbsup: That's good.  

Noone really put much stock on on base percentage before the Oakland A's started doing it.  I enjoy crunching numbers and while these may prove useless, they may prove useful as well.  I'll keep track of them this year and see what happens.

hoopfan22