Women's Basketball

42 Posts
9 Users
3 Reactions
 vu72
(@vu72)
Freshman
Topic starter

So as the season comes to an end, it once again was evident yesterday that Evan's approach to basketball isn't working.  Yes, we have some talented freshman.  Yes we have a couple of seasoned vets in Brown and Ernest. Nonetheless, we again lost to the best team in the Valley by 20 points.

Was it because we rely totally on the 3 and weren't shooting well?  Nope. We shot an amazing 55% from the 3! Was it because of too many turnovers?  Probably not as we actually had fewer than our season average.  Well then, why? Simple. We were out rebounded by 20!!!!Points in the paint? 42-20.

We simply need some size to compete in the Valley.  So does Evans have some size coming in in the new class?  Supposedly there are two 6'1" players in the new class. Will it help? Not if we keep playing the five out pattern.

Posted : 03/03/2024 9:34 AM
(@usc4valpo)
Freshman

For the love of God, change is mandatory. No excuses, results aren’t meeting expectations and the enough time has passed. Talent level needs lots of help.

Posted : 03/03/2024 6:27 PM
(@azvalpo)
Freshman

Completely agree we have been on this path for months

BTW I replaced the Indy in my name with AZ as I have relocated out west. 

Posted : 03/03/2024 8:32 PM
vu72 reacted
(@vulb62)
Freshman

Posted by: @azvalpo

Completely agree we have been on this path for months

BTW I replaced the Indy in my name with AZ as I have relocated out west. 

Will you continue to have the.same connections to the Indy area that you’ve mined the last few years?  Some of those insights were really good 👍🏻

Stay cool or warm or dry or whatever down rhere. 

This post was modified 3 months ago by VULB62

Posted : 03/03/2024 10:30 PM
(@usc4valpo)
Freshman

I have been outspoken about a coaching change is required, and the record and performances the past couple of years justifies that. I decided to watch some games recently on ESPN+, and I am blown away by the size advantage, not necessarily in height but in strength. Does the women's team included a weight training regime? It does not look like it. Overall they look fragile compared to their opponents and has to be a key contributor to their rebounding deficit.

Posted : 03/07/2024 8:46 AM
(@azvalpo)
Freshman

Earnest is not being honored on Senior Day which means she should be back which is good news

Posted : 03/09/2024 11:28 AM
(@usc4valpo)
Freshman

That and a new competent coaching staff.  

Posted : 03/09/2024 1:37 PM
(@thevictorybell)
Freshman

Posted by: @azvalpo

Earnest is not being honored on Senior Day which means she should be back which is good news

Earnest made her decision at the beginning of the year. She hasn't had a Senior Banner hanging all year while the other four have. 

Posted : 03/09/2024 2:51 PM
(@azvalpo)
Freshman

Coach Evans let it slip out in last nights press conference that our defense suffered because we are undersized. First time I have ever her heard make that comment. She quickly pivoted to include other things we need to work on defensively.

Posted : 03/10/2024 8:48 PM
(@valpotx)
Freshman

Regardless of Earnest's decision, she, just like Ben Krikke, did her time on underperforming teams.  If she chooses to take her solid talent to a P5, I hope that she does well

Posted : 03/11/2024 9:19 PM
(@usc4valpo)
Freshman

could this be Thursday night?

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/UW5g8FYleSw

Posted : 03/12/2024 5:44 PM
(@valpotx)
Freshman

They didn't time that very well.  They couldn't wait until after a press conference to tell her?

Posted : 03/13/2024 12:31 AM
(@usc4valpo)
Freshman

@valpotx at least they moved forward without any fluff. Her record was awful. Rice just fired their men's coach after they lost last night. Why wait a few days when you know the inevitable?

Posted : 03/14/2024 11:32 AM
(@usc4valpo)
Freshman

Ok, a 5-26 season,anlot of scholarship funding is spent on this program  and women’s basketball is definitely on the upswing. When does Valpo pull the plug?

Posted : 03/15/2024 7:14 AM
(@azvalpo)
Freshman

Posted by: @usc4valpo

Ok, a 5-26 season,anlot of scholarship funding is spent on this program  and women’s basketball is definitely on the upswing. When does Valpo pull the plug?

How many days after the season was Lottich let go? If it hasn't happened by then, look out.

A 34% winning percentage and 4 straight seasons of less wins would seem to be a no brainer

Posted : 03/15/2024 9:40 AM
Page 1 / 3

Share: